I've lost a friend....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I lost my best friend, he stopped texting me for 9 months, then texted me to hang out, then disappeared again.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i hate friends they always want something. I ditched the friends i had after high school.

dont need them for nothing. now i have a family.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

always the comedian :rolleyes:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thanks.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It means build one and get over it.

Reality time for the young ones. If people no longer want to be friends, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. So why worry and stress over something that is out of your control? You can't help how someone feels, you tried to contact them, they ignored you. They are either no longer wanting to be friends or they are simply not good friends.

End of lesson.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he's probably just involved romantically with a woman and doesn't want to jeopardize anything. i wouldn't take it as a slight, it's just that some women are not cool with their guys talking/texting with other women they do not know... it doesn't matter if the other woman is married, involved or whatever... it's a simple choice between being with someone or risk not being with someone over a evanescent relationship.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Gunny, that advice works when you're young, I'm a grown assted 31, quickly approaching 32. At this age, friends are not quite so disposable. At a certain age, you know who is a "bar/club/social friend" and who is a friend. A friend is someone who you can text a stupid joke and they tell you it's stupid and still laugh, a friend is someone who you can call at 3 a.m. crying because your Mom is sick and you feel helpless in helping her.....the list goes on. When these "friends" are lost, it's a dent in your heart.

BiPolar, since college, I started having less girl friends and a lot more guy friends. I liked the drama free vibe of hanging with guys. My Mom has pushed me to garner female friends because she said that I never outgrew being a tomboy. When I would sit around at work with my fellow nurses talking about relationships, they would comment that I thought like a guy. So, with that in mind, it's very bizarre for me to imagine a CHOSEN girlfriend to be rachety over text messages from his friend who happens to also be a female.

So, anyway, to make a long story short, he basically liked me as more than a friend. He kept hoping to "catch me slipping and was waiting out the situation". WOW. So, he realized that he was putting his love life on hold waiting on a situation and needed to stop his unhealthy behavior. It makes me sad, but I understand and hope that once he does what he needs to do, we can resume our friendship, cause Mama ain't going nowhere in her current situation!

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

friends suck. focus on your family.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, its a reality of life. People are unreliable, it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar