It's nice to know (Power Rankings)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That pisses me off. I'll remember that next time Elliot Harrison comes to Nashville for a primetime game. If he ever does, he will regret saying that, mark my words.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Behind the Jets. WE BEAT THE LETS LAST YEAR!

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think we should be higher. Everyone here knows the national media doesn't pay attention to the Titans. Most of our hate is generated by the fact that we still don't have a capable QB, the most important position.

We were 6-10 last year... and we had a battered offensive line. We fixed our biggest need by adding the best run-blocking OG prospect in years @ #10, a pro-bowl level OG, and two proven vets for depth. We fixed our 2nd biggest need, strong safety, by adding two very good safties. In fact, ProFootballFocus had both Wilson & Pollard in there Top-15 safeties based solely on '12-'13 play. We added a true dominant blocking TE, with potential now that he's #1. We added a power back to split carries with CJ and help on the 3rd & 1s and 2s. We added another receiving threat in Justin Hunter, the #1 WR in the draft on some boards. We added two run stuffers on our defensive line and are still pursuing a vet defensive end. We were already one of the youngest teams in the NFL, all our young guys have another year of exp now. We brought in a defensive genius in Gregg Williams. Our young QB is now healthy and should have adequate blocking to have the chance to throw the ball.

But yet our power ranking still went down and are projected to be worse than last year... makes sense.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Doesnt matter about Locker. Wait til we go back to our smash mouth football with physically punishing teams. Oh and now we have a couple deep threat options and our O-LINE is solid. Only worry is defense, but your right...much better than last years garbage and we still won 6 games out of it. It comes down to this, Nashville is not a big market and Tennessee always gets garbage time (draft coverage etc). Remember when we were 10-0 in 08, every show was about how Overratted we were. The last time this team got respect was during 2000-01 when we got a cover that said Remember the Titans with eddie on cover. If Munch doesnt use this as motivation, then shame on him too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

you nailed it.

We don't have the things that make the world take notice:

Great QB

Great DEs-pass rushing defense

Big name WR

our star RB has been an underachiever

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

No way we will be as bad as last year. With the improvements during free agency and Locker with another year under his belt we WILL be better. Now saying that, I'm not saying we WILL be in the post season, I'm just saying this will be much improved team... 8-8 at worst and 10-6 at best.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Go to Hell Elliot beeotch!

9. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

That "shot at the Titans Nation" is actually pretty well warranted.

I visited Nashville (and Tennessee) for the first time ever - 2 months ago... I was so disappointed with the lack of Titans support.

The city is beautiful and a lot of fun... but I couldn't find any Titans gear ANYWHERE for the life of me.
    It was embarrassing.
    I went all over the place looking for Jerseys, or TShirts, Hats, ANYTHING - but there was hardly anything to be found.
    And to top it off, no one that I asked had any idea of where I could go to find some.

I used to live in DC, NY, New Orleans, and Texas, and in those cities, no matter where you went you could find Redskins, Giants, Jets, Saints, Cowboys, etc. gear EVERYWHERE at any time of the year.

I was severely disappointed.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

All of the Titans gear is either at LP Field or the local shopping centers/malls. You won't find anything downtown but Vandy stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar