It's a passing league.........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by davidc502, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

In a time where most teams are trying to stop the high powered dynamic offenses, it's a great time to play hard nose football. (As long as you have a defense and can control the clock)

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Look at how squeeler defenders were tapping out of the game .... Ryan Clark got ran over by CJ2K and had to take a seat it got so bad. Defenses want to hit QB's and defenseless receivers. They want no part of a pulling Gaurd, a bruising fullback or a highly motivated running back coming downhill.

Sometimes when everybody is doing one thing it's okay do do something else.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

If the Chargers had a running game they win last night BTW there should have been no pick 6 and o clock left for a comeback

4. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

One of the best ways to beat a high powered offense is to limit their chances. Run the ball and control the clock. Limit the number of possessions their offense gets and if you do give them the ball make them drive 80 plus yards. This team does not want to be in a shootout because we will lose 9/10 times. So I'm perfectly fine with it as long as the run game is at least as effective as it was against the steelers. The drive we had in the second quarter just took the life right of the steelers whole team. It was a thing of beauty to see a drive last 6 and half minutes only going 50 yards for the TD.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It's also a running league

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

aside from it being a passing league..... what chip kelly did last night was revolutionize an nfl offense. I have never seen an offense move that fast for most of the game. I give them credit, I think the eagles may be hard to stop!

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

But how far Will they be moving in week 14?

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

th
    that is an excellent question, and I don't have an answer because I have never seen this offense, and I know it happens in college, but I don't follow college football. I do think they can keep it up for most of the season. we will see

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I honestly think that we're going to see that Eagles offense fall apart by midseason. I just don't see how you can play at that pace in the NFL for 16 full games. Redskins D looked really sloppy and undisciplined last night. At times I felt like I was watching the 2012 Titans with the way they were bouncing off of Eagles players and failing to wrap up. I'm going to need to see the Eagles do it against better defenses before I'm a believer.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I have a feeling there will be a shift back to the old school football style of ground and pound before too long. The only way to stop these high powered offenses is to keep them off the field and I think we can continue to win games in the trenches if our defense can just hold up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar