Is this the final time we see Alterraun Verner as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 26, 2013.

?

Do you think the team brings Verner back for 2014?

1. Yes

48.4%
  2. No

51.6%
  1. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

if we do not, who is the top corners in the draft that we would have a shot at with the 11th pick?
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

shhhhh! Madden is much like real life it seems.
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

They got that part dead on lol. Anytime I'm playing against the titans... I target Verner with my fastest wr and go vertical.
  4. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

I think they'll let him test the market and find his "value", then he'll resign here for a discounted rate, lol. If we do keep him we'll have to overpay, no way he gives us much of a discount, we suck and as humble as he seems all players, especially players coming off their rookie contracts go after the money ( i would too). but, i would like to keep him.
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

Darqueze Dennard is seen by most as the top CB in the draft. He has been working with Deion Sanders who really sang his praises in an interview that I heard.
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I think whether he stays or goes depends on what the FO thinks of Sensabaugh and Wreh-Wilson developing
  7. charlzcrush

charlzcrush Starter

I could see him going back to California.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I would hope we atleast use the f'tag on him. He's been average his entire career, then had one good year... lets see if he can repeat it before paying him.

Personally, i'd lock him up.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

I really want to keep Verner as well, but if you look at our over all cap $$$ spent on the secondary. Both McCourty and Griffin are the #8 highest paid player at their position in the league. If Verner gets a top 10 deal like he deserves then that is 2 top 10 paid CBs and a top 10 paid safety. A bunch of money spent on the secondary.

You have to think that Webster spending 2 draft picks on CBs last year had something to do with planning on the chance of replacing Verner.

From a cap standpoint it is much cheaper to pay a FA MLBer and draft a CB early than it is to pay Verner and draft a MLBer early.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I know we're spending a huge amount on the secondary but it seems to me they are justifying their contracts and were clearly our most consistently good defensive unit. I'd be hesitant to make any moves there purely to save money.