Is this the final time we see Alterraun Verner as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

if we do not, who is the top corners in the draft that we would have a shot at with the 11th pick?

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

shhhhh! Madden is much like real life it seems.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

They got that part dead on lol. Anytime I'm playing against the titans... I target Verner with my fastest wr and go vertical.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think they'll let him test the market and find his "value", then he'll resign here for a discounted rate, lol. If we do keep him we'll have to overpay, no way he gives us much of a discount, we suck and as humble as he seems all players, especially players coming off their rookie contracts go after the money ( i would too). but, i would like to keep him.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Darqueze Dennard is seen by most as the top CB in the draft. He has been working with Deion Sanders who really sang his praises in an interview that I heard.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think whether he stays or goes depends on what the FO thinks of Sensabaugh and Wreh-Wilson developing

7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I could see him going back to California.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would hope we atleast use the f'tag on him. He's been average his entire career, then had one good year... lets see if he can repeat it before paying him.

Personally, i'd lock him up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really want to keep Verner as well, but if you look at our over all cap $$$ spent on the secondary. Both McCourty and Griffin are the #8 highest paid player at their position in the league. If Verner gets a top 10 deal like he deserves then that is 2 top 10 paid CBs and a top 10 paid safety. A bunch of money spent on the secondary.

You have to think that Webster spending 2 draft picks on CBs last year had something to do with planning on the chance of replacing Verner.

From a cap standpoint it is much cheaper to pay a FA MLBer and draft a CB early than it is to pay Verner and draft a MLBer early.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I know we're spending a huge amount on the secondary but it seems to me they are justifying their contracts and were clearly our most consistently good defensive unit. I'd be hesitant to make any moves there purely to save money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar