Is this the final time we see Alterraun Verner as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 26, 2013.

?

Do you think the team brings Verner back for 2014?

1. Yes

48.4%
  2. No

51.6%
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I expect to re-sign Verner. He seems like a cool dude with a good attitude, doubt he'll give us many problems if we make a fair offer. I could see him leaving a little money back on the table to stay here.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

If he were just 1-inch taller and 1/10 sec faster he'd have already gotten a deal. he's the model citizen and has a knack for big plays. I really want us to keep him.
  3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

His voice is too high for the NFL man! That's why they haven't paid him!
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I am starting to think he will be back. No need to create another hole to fill when you have a proven player.

I also think some of you guys are focusing on this guys height too much. Probably the best corner we have had since Rolle.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

If Tommie Campbell was able to steal some of Verners reps in practice,then height does matter to the Titans. No one in their right mind would do that if they knew all along Verner was an elite defender. Best since Rolle? That's pushing it. But maybe when it's all said and done he will prove to be just as great as Rolle.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Tommie Campbell stole reps in practice because we had an inept coaching staff. Verner was near the top of the league in catch rate and this is with a poor pass rush. Its asinine to make light of what Verner has done this year just because the guy isn't of 'ideal' size. You build a team based on results, not ideals.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Walt Aikens can easily join our corner rotation. Sleeper in the draft until he shows out in the Senior Bowl.
  8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

He sounds white when he talks....cool!!!
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

The Titans weren't convinced with Verner in camp because of his intangibles, but he clearly proved himself..no way they can doubt him now.
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Starter

The stats look good but Verner hasn't been a stand out player to me. If we pay him we will likely be back here in a few years talking about dumping him and his big contract for under performing. Think Chris Johnson.
    • High Five High Five x 1