Is Ronde Barber HoF material?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 8, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's saying he's hanging em up because the Bucs went and restocked their defensive backfield with a lot of young guys, its a youth movement in Tampa, and he wasn't in their plans.

He said he'd have come back if they wanted him back.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

But he'd only come back for Tampa?

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

There are god like players and still others like Art Monk that are all stats. Why is it fair a guy get in that has worst stats?

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Barber ranks #3 in NFL history in defensive touchdowns.

Dude is going to Canton... probably not a first-ballot guy, but at some point, he's getting in.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

6. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

We are not talking about guys that are 20+ all time anything. I don't know why we got so many Ronde haters in here, but any player that is top 3 anything all time in a league that keeps stats for like 80 yrs is going to the Hall

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't understand it either.

I mean, you look at other boards and everyone thinks he is a lock. But ONLY here are people saying no, I almost think no one watches Bucs games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

nope

but maybe I have him confused with his brother. Idk.

if its the one who plays D, then I say yes.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

FWIW I'm not a "Ronde hater" and I never said he was just an "okay" player. I think he's without question a great player. But just "great" doesn't get you in the Hall. Or at least it shouldn't. And no, I don't agree being top 3 in defensive TDs automatically makes him a lock. Dude played CB for 16 seasons. 1. CB is the position that is most likely to score defensive TDs. 2. He played it for at least 6+ years longer than most others ever do.

And again I go back to the Vinny Testaverde argument. I think it's legit and everyone's just ignoring it. IMO 7th all-time passing yards is way more impressive of a record than 3rd all-time defensive TDs. But then you take into consideration the absurdly long careers of both and each records lose a bit of their prestige.

Also, I don't frequent forums for other teams but I find it very hard to believe that only on goTitans.com are people questioning his spot in the HoF.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Why should that be considered a negative? I see that as a huge positive for his HOF chance. Iron man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar