Is it wrong for players (like CJ2K) to hold out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans12321

titans12321 Starter

How is it wrong for a Top 3 RB that gets paid like a 3rd stringer to want more money?

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's not, that's not the issue...(see thread title)

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

A high ankle sprain isn't technically injured? That's an injury that sidelines players for weeks. You just trollin as usual. An thats cool. Do what you do, troll.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If he didn't hold out, there is absolutely nothing for him to look at and conclude that we would give him a big extension. Any play can be an NFL players last play. They have a VERY small window of time to earn their maximum income potential. If you think CJ was immoral or wrong for holding out, you're failing to look at the business end of the sport. And if you haven't noticed, with the lockout (over money) and the rule changes to protect players (keep the product healthy), the business end is the end that matters.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I noticed the scatback was illprepared when the season began and his selfish actions probably cost the Titans a win, but go ahead and swing from those 2k nuts and drink the fishface koolaide.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh.. right. An "ankle sprain". I know little girls that finish softball games with sprained ankles. That was CJ's excuse for missing the biggest game of his life? Tape it up- get the shot- and play.

Not only that- but he sure walked awful fine on the sidelines never once showing signs of being hurt while standing around.

Here's something I know due to experience: If you're too hurt to play in a game due to a foot injury... the last thing you're doing is STANDING on the sidelines watching.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

In 2008 Tom Brady got sacked in the first game of the season, was hurt, and walked off the sideline under his own power. Appeared to be minor. He missed the whole season. You're not a doctor, you're a speculating hater.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'd be selfish too. Any play could end his career, then he doesn't get squat. Simple as that.

Listen... I don't like CJ as a guy. He's thugish, ignorant, and a me first dude. He speaks terrible English and is the least marketable superstar I've ever seen. But to say he should have done anything different is just foolish. I put it just as much on the Titans for not getting him signed before they did.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Everyone wants more money. This issue at hand is the justification of potentially losing games over it.

Lemme ask you this - and answer honestly..
    If you knew CJ's $ holdout would equal three straight losses to start the season would you be on the the "man's gotta do what he's gotta do" wagon or would you be super-pizzed that he didn't show up and negotiate while practicing?

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If we had a chance at going 3-0, I'd be a little more upset. We don't though. CJ isn't causing this team to lose; this team sucking is causing this team to lose. You simply cannot tell me that a RB who only got 9 carries is the reason the team lost. Sure, he looked bad, and he definitely didn't help us at all. But who did? I could have pressured Hasselbeck against our paper thin OLine. You act like had CJ come to camp we would have blown the Jags out, and that simply isn't the case.

Our defense let them march strait down the field on that first drive. We missed so many tackles. We couldn't get off the field on defense, and couldn't stay on it on offense.

And yes, I would still be saying that CJ has to do what he has to do. From a fans perspective it sucks. I hate seeing our best players holding out, especially at the expense of practice time. But I definitely don't blame him, as I'd do the same thing. He was making backup money, and the team didn't really appear to be in any hurry to sign him an extension. It's on the FO every bit as much as it's on CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar