Is Bud the new Al Davis ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by murrykline, Mar 18, 2012.

?

Is Bud the new Al Davis?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2012.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  3. Not yet, but getting there (Somebody stop him now!)

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Just wondering what the feeling is out there ? Old owner getting too hands on and starting to mess things up?

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

No. Bud isn't as looney as Al Davis was. Right now, he is just a rich old man without a superbowl.

Wait. Maybe that makes him even more dangerous to his organization than Al was later in life. If Al lost it, even with all those SB wins.. we are f#cked in the next few years.

Bud just chasing the dream before he dies. And hell- I can't blame him.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No. Huge difference between the two. Davis was basically the GM. Adams has "put his foot down" regarding exactly TWO players in the entire history of the Titans.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

He won't be on Al Davis level until he starts giving away good draft picks for stupid trades. But he is a little close for comfort

5. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Would rather have an owner who looks like they are trying their hardest to win a superbowl then a complacent owner who is fine with being mediocre and filling seats. Right or wrong I'm glad we are trying to make a big splash in FA.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

How do you not know this doesn't happen behind the scenes all the time? I'm convinced Bud is calling the shots and Reinfeldt is his Smithers.

[​IMG]

Reinfeldt has no real control in the franchise and he's just an overpaid paper pusher and a sock puppet for Bud Adams

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Hell no, not even close. I can understand that he wants to win now in the late stages of his life and I can't fault him for that at all. I can question what the hell took so long, but I digress.

By the way, for all of those who said that "we really don't have that much cap space, we still have to re-sign our free agents and our rookie class" allow me to show you the Tampa Bay Bucs.

At the start of free agency they had a tad over 40 million in available cap space. They signed Vincent Jackson (55 million), Carl Nicks (47.5 million) and Eric Wright (37.5 million). Guess what, they still have over 17 million in cap space!

This is my long way of saying we could have had Mario, Myers, Hutch and Manning if we had the will to do so. Of course we'd have to trade/cut Hass but that is an obvious result of a Manning signing. Front loading contracts is a beautiful thing isn't it, especially when a multimillionaire is paying the tab.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Al Davis at least knew how to win Super Bowls at one point, the game just passed him by. Al Davis forgot more football than Bud Adams will ever know. Bud isn't a football guy. Davis used to be the head coach of the Raiders.

Bud is just a meddlesome owner who's desperate to win. Al Davis was stubborn and wanted to do the things he thought would still work.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well, I don't know that for sure. But I also don't have any evidence of that being the case either. One thing we all know about Bud is that he isn't afraid to go public when he feels strongly about a particular player. So I find it very hard to believe that he's some puppet master quietly calling all the shots EXCEPT in the cases of Young and Manning.

You obviously have more access than the rest of us into the behind the scenes aspect of the Titans organization. Or else you're just drawing wild conclusions based on no actual facts. I wonder which it is....

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I don't why this is even a discussion, are any of you telling me if you were a Billionaire NFL owner that was a original AFL owner and know you are near the end you wouldn't do anything and everything you could. Heck, I'm surprised he doesn't do more, and probably would if he didn't live in Houston.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar