Irvin is back on the powder

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2012.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d828936c9/NFL-com-Mock-Draft-No-20-Titans"]NFL Videos: NFL.com Mock Draft: No. 20 Titans[/ame]
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. T-Titan

T-Titan Practice Squad

I don't like the pick because I see us going defense in the first but the man did his homework and just about sold me on the idea.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I can see some concerned about Britt since he can't stay healthy but he's a #1 when on the field. Washington played lights out while gimpy last season. I don't see it being a fluke. D. Williams started coming on. Hawkins looked like the light bulb finally went on for him.

Cook should be beast for the next few seasons. I think the Titans are as loaded at WR/TE as they've been for a long time.

I suspect the Titans may take a mid-rounder but I'd hate to see them take one in the first over defense or OL.
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I agree with him to an extent.

He did know what he was talking about. While I am unsure about most of the linemen in this draft, if another prospect is not available I could live with Wright.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Glad he explained the pick, cause otherwise he'd have to be on crack to think that.

I mean he does make a point, just watch.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hrm1zDQvYFs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not the pick I'd make, but wouldn't be the WORST pick.
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Didn't someone say that Wright has like 16% body fat, that is just crazy? He's a play maker for sure but I really don't think we should go drafting a slot receiver in the first round, sorry.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Irvin needs to come clean and admit he don't know our team, he just knows our record and nothing else. He doesn't know Damian Williams is as good as Kendall Wright, or that Nate Washington is a 1000-yard WR. All he knows is the WR prospects being drafted, and Kendall Wright was a "safe" name to shout out.
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't be upset with that pick. I would be upset if it was Stephen Hill
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

I don't hate the kid. No reason why I'd wish being a Titans high pick at receiver on him.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I love the thread title!

I don't totally disagree with him though. I'm not a big Wright fan but Mike makes a good case for him. It's not surprising that he would take a WR with his pick.