iPad, iTablet or whatever it shall be called

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd say it was designed to replace a laptop for the masses and especially to be people's "secondary" computer. It wasn't designed to be people's primary computer unless they are a very basic computer user.

It isn't for everyone, but it does pretty much everything that the vast majority of people want to do.

2. There are a lot more you you might think...

I meet tons of people who are not very good with a computer but still want to have email and be able to access the internet.

3. You just don't seem to get it. Apple's products appeal to people. They are easy to use.

The iPod was by far the easiest mp3 player to use when it came out. That's why people flocked to it. Then they added the iTunes store that made it easy to buy and organize music. That's why the average person loved it. You can certainly argue now that the Zune is just as easy to use today, but Microsoft was way too late to the party. And most iPod owners see no reason to leave when they still love the product.

People who were technically oriented never really had a problem using other mp3 players or other smart phones, but it's the masses who who love the way Apple made complex devices and user interfaces simple to use. And techies love that, too, but their love of Apple's products is really just that they made products that no one else could match at the time. It took years for the Zune to come close to the iPod or Android to come close to the iPhone.

As for things like the MacBook Air, that's a perfect example of an Apple device that wasn't a huge success. It sold OK, but it isn't a product for the masses. It's strictly for Mac users who want an ultraportable laptop that isn't underpowered like a netbook.

Your problem is that you have a very blatant anti-Apple bias. You won't give them credit for anything. It's about more than just marketing. They generally make brilliant products that appeal to a vast majority of consumers, both the average users and the technically oriented.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How do people want to use the iPad?

For me the iPad wouldn't be practical for the internet or mail, because I prefer an upright screen and flat keyboard (which is kinda hard when they're combined...).
    As an e-book reader (which I don't use anyways, I prefer the old school books) I can see it being good, but probably not better than the others on the market.
    For every other use I can't see it replacing the smartphone, be it an iPhone or HTC or whatever.

5. A lot of people love the way things like email or the web browser work on an iPhone (or Android). They just want a bigger screen.

It's not a matter of what you can do on an iPad that you can't do on a netbook (though there are a few things). Most major uses can be done on both. It's mainly how we interact with it. Lots of people would rther use touch screen than a mouse/trackpad. How many people? At least 3 million, apparently...

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Look what Starkiller did to me...

[​IMG]

....or, am I just a trendy daddy starbuck drinking cool acting some kind of a something of something of another else or so..?.....hmm, i wonder.....breeedd,..ummm

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"easy to use"....

no. They're not. They never were.

Putting a lime green cover on the basic mp3 player's layout does not make it easier to use. Sorry.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I can't speak for other people, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to put my music on my first smart phone. I read the directions and everything and still couldn't figure it out.

all you have to do with the iPhone is plug it into the USB and open iTunes and go from there.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But then try to make a ringtone from your favourite MP3 :ha:

Some things Apple do great and some things they do bad and it's the same for other companies.

Though, I do love that Apple is praised for making it easy for the user, while Microsoft has always been criticized for limiting the user when they made it easy.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Not sure how you couldn't say that the ipod isn't easy to use. As far as an ipad goes, my folks have one and love it for what they want to do. Super easy for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar