Indy ruminations.................

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

As most know today there is a ton of press conferences but I will tell you some of the more shocking things I have heard..............several FA already have deals in hand..............Dielman and Steinbach are said to have deals from Dal, Hou, and Mia..........and the deals are sick............6-7 mil a yr............

Stallworth and Rosenhaus have told prospective teams that they wont even schedule a trip unless the Money starts at 18 mil up front..............

Drew Bennett looks like he already got some offers from SF and from Den...............

NYJ are trying to get Mike Turner for a two............no go as yet

DJarrett is not having a good week..............he says he was not running because of a bad groin............but during his medical...........he told several teams it was his right side and did not realize he told the first team it was his left..............so he was not truthful and his times from the AZ training facility he is running 4.62-4.72 times likely is the reason he is not running..............

NC wants 20 mil upfront.................he actually may have to make several visits before he gets it I am told............

NYG are trying to get McGahee for a two...........Oak is also talking to them...............

SRice may go back to AZ....................

Ian Scott has recieved some love from TN and so has DPatten............word is he will be released.............

Dockery is also in play and Dal SF and Hou have all made him well aware they are smitten............

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

This is why it iis wise to sit out the first round of the free agency period and see where the dust settles. You get a good indication of where the market truly is and where your view of it compares and fits into it.

The agents know that the increased cap means more money. We will see who can tempoer there desires for some of the premier talent.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I've always thought Ian Scott would be a great fit here....

Also i wonder whats up with Henry & his contract. Heard his agent & MR were supposed to meet this weekend & discuss. I suppose well hear something this week whether they've agreed on an extension or if he'll be cut & we go with LenDale.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i cant see the us just cutting ties with travis because we cant get a contract done. we do have the cap room to eat his bonus, we would just rather not do it.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Scott would be a solid pickup but what does that mean for for Albert is it him or Robaire. Not gonna shed a tear when Bennett leaves he was just OK. What about D. Graham I want that guy. Clements could be a must pending the Pacman ordeal.

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Henry and his agent know that they want to be back in Tennessee. They know that he would only fiit into a few teams' needs. They know they won't get the big bonus money this season, so they want to make sure they get the Titans attention and get a decent contract in place.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Robaire's a FA, may mean we're not trying real hard to keep him, or he's asking for more than we want to give

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

any word on who the titans have been interested in?

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Clements is intriguing and worth it, but that 20mil upfront isn't good. However, what helps us is the fact he would like to play for us - so we could talk that down. I could see us going for one blockbuster FA (Clements) and then some mid tier ones (Ian Scott, Patten). Although, Patten isn't really someone I'm trying to bring here - he's old and doesn't have it anymore. I think if we can re-sign Wade and pick up two solid rookies in the draft we're set. All in all, this looks to be a rather intriguing FA period this year.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Did Patten EVER have it?

I'm for resigning Wade as well. He'll be cheaper and has a better rapport with #10. I love Drew Bennett - great human being, terrific athlete, not worth the coin he's gonna get.

Clements would be great, but that is a TON of money. Pac's not going anywhere, IMHO, and it'd be great to see him lining up across from Clements...Maybe they could hang out together and NOT go to strip clubs or places in Murfreesboro...(sorry, I can't help it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar