Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Inception

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Gunny, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,221
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,046
    If this is Nolan's best film yet, then it's going to be soooooooooooooooooooooo good.
  2. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I have no idea why, but the trailers for it have really made me biased against it. Just too much of a sci-fi leap for me. Overly dramatic, so implausible while at the same time taking itself so seriously. Ugh.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,663
    When they start comparing you to The Big Sleep, Kubrick and Michael Mann you know there will long, drawn out, mind-numbingly inexplicable scenes. Could go either way.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,046
    After watching Eyes Wide Shut, I decided that Kubrick is one weird MoFo. I don't like him. That being said, I like The Shining and Full Metal Jacket.

Never saw Clockwork Orange.
  4. Daves not here Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $1
    There's some weird **** in that movie ... my suggestion ... DON'T
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,663
    Clockwork/Shining are the exceptions to the Kubrick rule.. Great flicks (though without Jack in The Shining who knows).
    FMJ was always a bit of a cash-in on the Platoon era, but decent nonetheless. I can't think of any other Kubrick that is tolerable though..
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,221
    Are you aware of the concept of the story though?
  5. 757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Moolah:
    $226
    Explain...
  6. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,046
    I will get around to seeing Clockwork at some point, although I've heard from many it's pretty weird.

I love the first 40 minutes or so of FMJ. and since I've seen the movie many times now, I tend to watch only the beginning part. It's the best, and everyone knows it.

As for Mann, I don't know what to think. I've really liked some his films like The Last of the Mohicans and Collateral. Those are his best IMO. I like Heat, but good Lord that movie is too long... could have been done in 2 hours... it was extremely boring at times. It was a huge letdown IMO. You have a cast with De Niro, Pacino, Kilmer, Voight, Sizemore, and Judd. I figure with that sort of cast you're going to have a hell of a movie. Instead, you get a decent, overrated one. Then, you have Public Enemies... I was not a big fan of this one at all. And, that's a shame because I like Depp and Bale. I had high hopes for that one. I saved a couple hours of my life by not seeing Miami Vice. Overall, he's overrated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.