I'm pretty convinced Munchak wants Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

I haven't posted in a while since I hadn't really made up my mind on who I wanted or what I wanted but this has to be the biggest pile of crap I've read.

Locker has a lot going for him. If you can't see that you're pretty blind. I'm not saying he's not going to be a bust. But can you say that about any of the QBs this year? Newton has a lot going for him too but the big difference is the Titans got burned really bad by a guy with all the talent in the world, a bad work ethic and below average intelligence. I really doubt they'd be interested in testing those waters again. That said, Newton could easily be the best QB of the draft if he works hard at it and improves his game.

Locker is a leader. To me, that is the team's biggest need. Someone who can put together two sentences without sounding like he never attended high school. Someone who's gonna be the first in and the last out. Someone who's gonna put his team above himself. Someone who's gonna play his butt off even if he's hurt. That's Jake Locker.

On the talent side, yeah there's definitely a ton of room for improvement. They say Palmer is good with QBs, I hope thats true. Jake needs a lot of work on his game. The fact that he throws more accurately on the run than he does from the pocket is a good sign if you ask me. There's 2 likely causes for that. 1) He's over-thinking it and trying to do too much or 2) his mechanics from throwing in the pocket need work. Both of these are correctable.

Wonderlic score wasn't the highest but from the interviews I've seen with him, he doesn't look like he's nearly as dumb as VY (coming from a VY fan) and VY can and will be a successful NFL QB (lack of work and support is what killed his career in TN).

Overall, yeah, its a gamble to draft a QB from this draft at #8 so I'll agree with you there. We're in a situation where QB is by far our biggest need and it just so happens to be the most important position in football. Nobody is gonna trade us a franchise QB in free agency and we're not gonna finish dead last and draft Luck next year. So it'll be a gamble either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Still waiting for the Jake Locker fans to come up with some good reasons why he is worth that pick.

None of you can seem to come up with any can we assume there are none?

As for calling everybody a racist i did not. I just read enough posts to know that what many Titan fans wanted was a smart pocket passer and i'm not sure how a guy who is not much of a pocket passer and scored the worst on his wonderlic fits that definition. So how does he? Highlight videos of Locker show him running 50% of the time.

We are talking about the 8th pick in the draft maybe a guy we would draft that high should have qualities that are mind blowing. So where are they?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Read Pettso's post and tell me race has nothing to do with this draft.

He likes Locker more than Newton because of his intelligence.

Yep and he has the 15-26 record as a starting QB to prove it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

VY is in this draft? Didn't know that. I do know that VY was dumb enough to play in 2 pro bowls.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

A) I never said I like Locker more than Newton. I said the coaching staff won't take a risk on a guy who has unproven work ethic. Newton will be long gone by the time we pick so its a moot point anyway.

B) No, I like Locker because he's a leader and his flaws can be improved.

C) For the probowl comment, again, coming from someone who's a big VY fan. Congrats to making a pro bowl as the 5th backup or whatever the hell he was.

Also, you're an idiot. My favorite QB is Mike Vick and I'm a big VY/McNair fan. Most of my friends think I'm racist against white QBs.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Read your own damn post you said that Locker was smart enough but implied that Newton was not. And then you talk about Vince Young as if you can't tell the difference between he and Newton. Vince Young is not in this draft!

Locker's a leader? Why because he won the championship of Seattle Washington?

What has he done? His only bowl win was in a game that he sucked in.

The point about Vy is that for him it was a mixed bag. He was not some Akili smith bust. What he did in telling his coach off in front of others was highly unusual not something typical of big athletic black QBs.

Again here is your post so stand by it..

The fact you have no problem with Locker's intelligence but do have problems with Newton's has to have a racial connection. How else to interpret that?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Remember that i have never suggested that anybody is a racist just because they dislike Newton and i have never called anybody a racist for bringing up Newton's past like the laptop incident.

What i don't like is constantly making the Vince young connection and here we had a poster who implied very obviously that VY is too dumb to be a good QB and we don't want another one like him meaning Newton. What is that?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Five more hours until Rolltide becomes a Panthers fan.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

This all goes back to timed testing. Locker is smarter than Newton.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

errr....36?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar