Im not convinced we're going to stink

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

It's not that I think we are just that bad, but I think you have to look at it comparatively... and we have one of the toughest schedule sets this year, having to play the NFC South and the AFC North. We might not be a terrible team, but how do we compare to those 8 teams (mainly New Orleans, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and even Cleveland)? And how do we compare to Indianapolis, Houston, and Jacksonville? Taking those things into account, it's hard to be uber-optimistic about the season.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

If we are in a position to challenge for the #1 or #2 spot in the divison by the end of the season I will be happy.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

How can you hope your team sucks as a fan?

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm hoping for a turnaround year where our coaching has a positive effect on our players performance and new additions at key spots.

The only question mark is our QB position. I'm hoping that with a creative offense and the weapons we have on offense it won't matter much who we have back there as long as they can execute and make proper reads.

I'm actually feeling good about our defense this year. I think Grey's blitz schemes could cause some turnovers and favorable situations for the offense. Haven't gotten updated on the Finny story but either way we've got Verner, McCourty, and Fuller who can all play.

I could see us anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 if Locker can outplay Hasselbeck early on. He's young enough to make some athletic plays and seems very durable. If he's starting over Hasselbeck its because he's grasped the playbook and is executing on his reads IMO. That's great news for our offense because it allows Palmer to be more creative with how he uses CJ and Cook. If we get solid play out of Britt, D Will, Nate, and Mariani/Hawkins then we should really be able to put up some points.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

New coaches do fairly well in the NFL these days.

We had a great team while Fisher ruined it with his regressive schemes. Wouldnt be surprising at all to end up with 10 wins. Not in the least.

We should definitely be a better team this year than we were last year. No question.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm thinking we def should be better but trying to stay indifferent until I see us in preseason and our 1st few games. I feel we had the pieces last year to be much better than we were. A new scheme and a few position upgrades could make us a dangerous team this year.

7. petergriffin16

petergriffin16 Starter

Hasselbeck is a VERY underrated quarterback. I have a lot of friends that are Seahawks fans and they will be the first to tell you Seattle has been an even bigger WR graveyard than we have. After they lost Hutchinson their offensive line really disintegrated, not that it was that great at pass protection to begin with. Nonetheless, if you look at his stats he holds an average career QB rating thats about 15 points higher than KFC, and his best QB rating was almost 100 for a season. KFC never had a season rating above 84. Watch some tape on Matt Hasselback, he is a really great quarterback who will have a plethora of success behind our offensive line. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Matt has a John Elway like ending to his career. He may not win one SB let alone two, but he will go out with a bang and not with a fizzle.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I also have a good feeling. I actually have a REALLY good feeling about Gray's defense. I think DE should be a good position with 5 solid players, Shaun Smith is a big DT who can stuff the run, Haye looks like a new man and Casey looks like a promising rookie.

At LB, Ayers looks amazing thus far, Ruud is very serviceable and you have a healthy battle going on between Spoon & McRath. Solid depth at LB.

We know our secondary (and every secondary in the league) drastically improves with a good DLine. I expect us to be much better on D this year.

On offense, Hasselbeck should be a serious upgrade over Collins obviously. I expect the OLine to return back to form. For them to make no changes on OL, I trust what Munchak and Matthews of all people see in there OL.

Hopefully Britt shakes us off this hammy, D. Will and Washington make for a solid top 3 WR. Mariani may see time as well, hopefully Cook finally gets a chance to put it together at TE.

I'm excited!

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

0-16

Take away CJ Cook Finny and maybe locker and this is a high school team.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I'm so used to Fisherball and his unwillingness to adapt I don't know what to expect but for me even if 4 wins but I see a lot of great things that I didn't see in the fisher era I would be happier and more hopeful esp a coach who thinks field goals are not the answer to win games and you need both a passing game and running game. Oh and it's not 1985 anymore and the 46 doesn't surprise anyone anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar