Ike Bruce was cut by the Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope it isn't from the Titans.

I'd rather have one or two players of the caliber of a Thornton or Hope who can be quality contributors for the next 3-5 seasons than these guys looking for one more payday before retirement.

2. I'd say there's little chance he'll be a Titan this season. Sounds like he may be headed to SF and Mike Martz.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I could go along with that... in terms of WRs, there aren't a ton of options - but there are a few solid players with experience that would improve our lineup. My gut says we'll try for Stallworth again, which may turn out great... but one of the great things about Thornton and Hope is how well they can help coach up the young guys, which I'm not sure I'd put Donte in that category. I still like our young talent - just don't trust it yet, and I could see Bruce with another 3 years in him. I don't expect us to get him, but I'd like to think we would bring him in for a look.

4. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

Bruce's numbers the past 2 years indicate that he still has not slipped that much in terms of production. He is still a good #2 WR, who is as productive as both of our "#1" WRs. While he may not add that much in the game breaker category and is not our future, we are addressing that through the draft and thus can rely on Bruce to be a veteran talent that is on par with our best WRs.

I would add that before you look @ the #s take into consideration that Bulger was hurt most of this season along with the Rams O-Line, and that he was playing as the #2/3 WR all year behind Holt and Jackson who is a catching RB.

YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
    2006 STL 16 74 1098 14.8 45 3 54 0 0
    2007 STL 14 55 733 13.3 37 4 36 0 0

and compare that to Gage.
    2007 TEN 16 55 750 13.6 73 2 45 1 0

Bruce has a little less on the TDS (-17) but 2 more TDs.

We can extend that to Williams who was our other #1 in terms of receptions
    2007 TEN 16 55 719 13.1 48 4 38 0 0

and Bruce finishes ahead of him in terms of Yds and tied with him for TDs.

If anyone has drop #s then please share, but I feel that Bruce is a more reliable receiver and would help in converting some of VY errant passess as well.

5. TitanJeff

Look who he had as a QB, the offense scheme and the #1 WR. Think he'd generated 500 yards for the Titans last year?

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

he's a 14 yr old vet...can u honostly say he can hv a moss type yr (i no u dont mean 20+ tds an that...but idn if he can be that all-pro receiver he was for the rams way back when....idn now that the broncos hv released j.w. hes the best out there for us)

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

You win the prize.

8. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Bruce would have been our #1 WR if he came here.

9. TitanJeff

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar