If you were the lions GM..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I agree with your assessment mostly. One thing though - why does everyone talk about how great of a prospect Carson Palmer was? I remember an underachieving blue chip QB that didn't turn things around until his senior year with all world talent around him. He always had the physical tools, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as a Peyton Manning as a prospect. I'd say he was about on par with a Matt Ryan coming out of USC. Clearly, a light went on and he is a very good NFL player, though.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Carson palmer was a no brainer pick for the bengals. He was #1 on most draft boards unlike stafford who was as low as 10th on some boards. Palmer had better numbers in 2002 than stafford had last year.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If i was the Lions GM, I wouldn't of took Stafford. Trade down and get a 1st and a 3rd. Drafted Curry, Pettigrew. And then held off on safety. Therefore next year whens theres 3 QBs better than Stafford draft one then. And a second round safety and you'll be set. Culpepper coulda did 1 more year. Lions would pulled off 3 win, and then 2010 season 8ish.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

1: Aaron Curry LB
    20: Michael Oher OT
    33: Alphonso Smith CB
    76: Antoine Caldwell OG
    82: Jared Cook TE

Curry to go with Julian Peterson, add to that o-line with Oher and Caldwell, a thief CB in Alphonso Smith, and the receiving TE we took Jared Cook.

It's gonna be a multi-year rebuilding task, but this would've been my start. (in hindsight of the draft of course)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I forgot all about Julian Peterson... that's probably why they didn't go after Curry. Ernie Sims + Peterson is pretty solid. Other positions needed more attention.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What if they went with smith at #1 and still drafted oher at 20 and caldwell at 76? That's an O-line you can build a team on!

7. titansterror

titansterror Camp Fodder

Lions OL

got news for you. Per lions boards Loper is running first team right guard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar