If you had to fire either Gray or Palmer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Su
    re ignore facts and go with your gut feelings about 2 plays you didn't like.

Jeff Fisher coached this team full time from 1995-2010 and you sum up Fisherball in 2 play calls you didn't like.

Fisher=bad. offense is bad so offense = Fisherball.Wow genius!

Every poster who gets totally schooled uses the "watch the game" line.

:shakehead:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

190 pass attempts.(67.1%)

93 rush attempts.(32.9%)

That's fisherball?

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No because fisher was actually successful at running the ball!

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Run up the middle, 1y gain.
    Next play, run up the middle, no gain.
    Last play, short dump off to a WR/RB way short of 1st down.

= Fisherball. Run-Run-Pass when the games is still close, is Fisherball. But the Titans have been waaaaaay behind in all 4 games, so they had to play catchup, hence the majority of pass plays.

I think you would make an excellent politician, with your ability to ignore facts and manipulate numbers to your advantage.

All your argumentation is based on stats alone, not taking how the games have developed into consideration. But I guess that's what fanboys do.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't like Munch's explanation for things because he fails to get to the root of the problem.

1. He earlier said that CJ wasn't getting his carries. That the circumstances of the game caused us to have to play from behind. Problem is that CJ averaging 1 yard carry was part of what caused us to get behind! And when a guy is producing at such an anemic level are we supposed to keep giving him opportunities?

2. His comments about the defense not being able to get of the field. well yeah because they can't stop anybody in 3 downs. It's not strategy we suck! Opposing teams complete 75% of their passes against us, how do you get off the field?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So how often did that happen? We have run the ball almost 100 times more than we have run it. 2-1 pass vs run not 2-1 run vs pass which is what you just described.

So again clueless?

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

1. CJ cant do it by himself, hes not that type of guy. Today we did a good job of shutting down peterson with the exception of a few runs WHERE HE HAD A LANE/HOLE. The other times there were no lanes and he kept getting tackled for minimum to no gain. He had 9 carries for 10 yards at one point in the game, which proves a RB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS LINE. Give CJ those lanes peterson got on those big gains and he gets big yards as well! If you dont get it now then you are just hopeless and there is no point is arguing with a person who has no intelligence when it comes to football.

2. It is scheme as why teams are able to beat us so bad. If Fisher was coach we would still be able to compete b/c he knows the types of players he has and how good or not good his team is. He would have run a power run offense in order to control the clock and TOP b/c he knows our defense is not that good and b/c CJ excels in this type of offense. Instead we run the wishbone formation for the first time this year, three different times, and the defense clearly knew they were all runs when the TE was motioned out of formation to block.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20121...enu=drivechart&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

I just looked at all the plays at nfl.com and only one time the whole game did we get stopped by running 2X and then passing. And that was an incomplete pass not a pass that was too short.

The scenario laid out by smash never happened!

1st series we ran it 2X for 7 yards but then passed for a 1st down on 3rd and 3.

We threw the ball almost 50 times and our backs had 16 carries so figure it out.

We threw the ball on first or 2nd down or both 6 times before the 4th quarter!

On the 4th down we made we ran, passed, passed(Hass ran off a pass play) and then Babs ran on 4th down for the 1st.

Our offense is not good. We are not achieving what we should but it is NOT f*cking Fisherball!

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm glad to see some fans still care. I suspect this board will be a dead zone in a few weeks.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher had much better line coaches. Seriously that was one of the best things we had was Munch and Washburn 2 good line coaches who were loyal and stayed on here all that time.

With those guys we always seemed to be able to compete up front and at times were dominant up front. We are not like that now.

I don't know what Munch is saying to the team each week but i know this guy is not some loser. He has been successful at everything he has done in life and he is not lazy. I hope we can turn it around because this not acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar