If you could change 1 thing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Play call wasn't bad, outcome was

Kinda like that Seahawks INT vs the Pats in SB 49

Worked a dozen times before, just not that day

The fact our SB came down to the last play was special in itself. All game STL had our number, then McNair and Eddie put the team on their back and overpowered the Rams. Was really crazy two men could literally carry the team the way they did that 2nd half.. Makes you think Mularkeys smash mouth plan could work..

2. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

We made the top 5 on this list... Not something that is really worth changing but thought it was amusing none the less...

The Worst Plays in NFL History «

As far as making changes, alot of talk about VY, Mac, and Locker. I would say fire our head of scouting and GM and have a more qualified person from 2004-2011. Look at our drafts during this time and this is the crux of why we are where we sit right now. Some of these picks are baffling. Take a look from 2011 on and see how many players are still with our team. Its mind blowing.

National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

I used to constantly ***** about our scouts, after 10 years I stopped caring as much but you're 1000% right

Those guys suck!!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm hoping that changes with JR. I think his scouting history with the Pats during their "dynasty" will pay big dividends for us.

5. JCBRAVE

Praying to the football Gods JR is the answer

I can't take becoming the Tennessee Browns, this has to end NOW

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I recall him saying that he didn't want to break the scouts up pre draft, but that he was going to put his own scouting team together after the draft. Have high hopes of that.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

With the 16th pick of the 1998 NFL draft the Tennessee Oilers select Randy Moss, wide receiver, Marshall.

Don't have time to post it agains but I think drafting Moss would have added a new dimension to those early Titans teams which would have produced two Super Bowl wins (maybe three) and extended the careers of Steve McNair and Eddie George.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

They replayed our SB a few weeks back on NFL network. I watched the second half. Even though I knew the out come, my heart was still racing as I watched the plays unfold. I fell to my knees when Dyson was 1 yard short.

16 years later and it still hurts.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Solid choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar