If we want a pass rush we need a scheme change...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Nah, I'm good with 4-3 we have going here. If we manage to get some free agent OL help then we could draft heavy on the defense.

I haven't given up on Morgan, and I would like to resign Jones if he accepts a reasonable contract

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I don't see DE as that big of a need as some are making it out to be. Sure it would be great to draft another Kearse; that'd be a great luxury...same if we signed Mario..but if we drafted a stud DT to play along side of Casey the burden would be less on our ends. Move Klug to DE end and let Ball roll (yes that was a sad attempt at humor...don't re-sign him).

Plus Morgan looked ten times better the last few games...give him another full off-season and we may have our stud DE.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Spoon and Ayers are capable, I see no reason why we need an OLB. Safety makes no real difference and I believe we have our starters at DT next year already on the roster.

With the 3-4, we are hoping that all our linebackers can convert, along with with our line.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I believe he meant next year as in we should begin looking for Spoon's replacement after next season.

Is a good idea. It may even be smart to look for his replacement this April.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I didn't even think about that. Maybe in the later rounds......too bad McWrath hasn't looked like the guy, and cannot forget about the wasted pick in Currian.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

No.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I disagree with this. Yes Jones had a bad year, but I attribute most of his shortcomings to not "feeling" the position, and thinking too much.

If you have to slow down and think about what you're doing, you've already lost.

He's not too slow to be a DE. He actually was disruptive this year despite not having many sacks. Look at the film, he forced a lot of rushed throws, and I see that as a good thing.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

morgan hasnt cut it at a 4-3 d-end yet so i dont see how you guys can say he will cut it as a 3-4 dend or olb for the matter

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When Morgan doesn't hold back in fear of reaggravating his knee, he's a real good player.

10. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Giant run a 4-3 and they seem to do a pretty good job at getting pressure. In fact 9ers were 1-13 on 3rd down convertions last night....Just sayin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar