If we had a head coach who really saw the big picture..............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I have not ruled out the possibility of seeing a whole new coaching staff (HC/DC/OC) and/or general manager by next year

I honestly feel that the only way to remove Schwartz from the picture is to first remove Jeff, he's not going to do it on his own; Chow probably falls too as a new HC would surely bring staff with him

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

exactly, if you want Schwartz to go, Fisher has to go too. plain and simple.

That's the only way Schwartz leaves TN, cause i refuse to believe Fish would fire him....

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i will be more clear................anyone who knows me knows I fell off Fisher's bandwagon in early Jan of 2000...............I have wanted change since then and have never wavered...................he is only a .500 coach with no championships.....................and a terrible game day coach who can not adjust well.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree. And for the good of the team I would see Fisher go if that meant Schwartz left as well. The defense has regressed over time even with more talent. There are no changes to see if things work when it is clear other things are not working.

Man imagine if Fisher went and the new coach retained Schwartz. :eek:

5. well i dont kno how he does it but i have a simple solution, just get chad johnson trade for him or whatever, that way we have Mr ocho-cinco on our team so now we have a stud at WR and we have someone thats not afraid to speak their mind and will say anything, that way he have a big play guy at WR and get all the info that we could ever need! problem solved =]

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Im not suggesting we should throw the towel in when we are down by 21, but how many teams come back from that. Like Bongo says, create an indentity. Stuff the ball down their throats with LW and TH. Doing that will shorten the game, keep the offense on the field and not put to much on a young Vince Young. Pick your moments to pass. When you pass, send someone deep to take away the safety. Send Troupe over the middle (about 15 yards), keep 1 back in to block and the other run a route.
    Blitz more on defense. Dont worry about the statistical probablity that you will get burn. 80% of statistics are made up on the spot. Blitz, blitz, and blitz. Hit hard, if you get a personal foul, then so be it(as long it isnt a stupid personal foul). Tear the WR heads off.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Gunny!

TALK ABOUT MY WORST NIGHTMARE!!!

Gut

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I fear one day Gut, you will achieve a never ending post.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thank goodness we moved to the dedicated server before Gut made his return. ;)

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bongo's idea of running no matter what was always the strategy I thought we should use against the Colts. In fact, play like it is the 4th Qt and you want to run as much clock as possible because you are ahead. As bad as our defense is part of the problem is the offense (if not a huge part of the problem). We need to shorten the game as much as possible which also gives our defense more rest and their offense fewer chances.

Then, after you have run the ball a zillion times you can try a play action pass and look for the big play on occasion. Script plays for Young and let our RBs get lots of carries. The whole offense is a joke and I've basically had it with Chow. The guy obviously has no clue of what he is doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar