If his name WASNT Vince Young..would he get credit?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Why does it matter if a group of "fans" give Young "Credit"?
    Credit doesn't win football games.
    I will say this, if you're gonna miss team flights and blame it on the coach, stay at your house when you're supposed to be at the team hotel, tell a reporter "Nobody can tell me nothin" then you better put up some numbers and contribute to winning MEANINGFUL games. Vince "led" us to the playoffs in 07, well kind of because I remember all Cleveland had to do was win in week 16 to wrap up the wild card but choked to a 5-9 Bengals team. We still had to win in week 17 but it was against the Colts and they rested everyone. Anyone with a brain knew we had no chance to beat SD with the VY led offense. Chad Johnson, Ray Lewis, Philip Rivers, Larry Johnson, Terrell Owens, D'Angelo Hall all run their mouth and have had their moments but as long as they put up monster stats they were loved by the home fans. Let Chris Johnson have an average season and see how much he's adored then.
    VY is not only winning games and playing VERY well he has become humble and people will have no choice but to support him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Nine

Nine Starter

So you'd prefer that he have the same mentality that he had in 2007, trying to change his game to satisfy people who criticized his passing ability?

He already tried it your way. Your way sucks.

He no longer cares about "proving" himself to the critics. He doesn't have to tell them a thing; he's showing them his progress. If they can't see the obvious improvement in his game and understand how much hard work, dedication and focus it required....then screw 'em.

At this point, Vince no longer cares about the naysayers....he cares only about winning football games. Instead of talking about getting better, he's out there doing it.

If that's not good enough for you.....that's okay. He loves y'all too. :)

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Vince did Very well passing yesterday. He needs to hold on to the ball when he's running. That fumble against a non-crap team could have cost us the game.

He looks like he's not afraid to run anymore, like he was in '07. There was no reason to believe he was going to change, but he did, and I'm extremely happy about it. I love those option plays, they look so much better than the Chow era ones that failed miserably. "Hymen-dinger" as the commentators called him, did a good job with the misdirection-looking option calls.

I know this is unrelated, but Finnegan needs to keep his head on straight. He pulled the receiver off the ground by the leg after the play, when the Texans were driving at the end. Any sane official would have given them 15 yards, and hello OT. Luckily they didn't call it. I understand jaw-jacking and getting fired up, but people should know better on potential game tying or winning drives.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again i ask the question, why would a titan fan not like vince young no matter how he played? That was the charge made by the poster who started this thread. Even though vince has only won 4 games that poster is saying that no matter what vince does there will still be haters.

Style is a bullcrap answer. VY is not a criminal he is not pacman jones. There is no reason to hate him if he is playing great and winning games except...

Again the permanence of the statements, they will NEVER like vince. Never is a long damn time and what is permanent about vince young? His color.

We live in a political world where people are called racists all the time for simply being critical of someone black. Look at the reaction toward Rush Limbaugh when he tried to buy a football team.

Again i didn't start this thread someone else did. I think the premise of the thread is dumb. But i'm not some insulated fool apart from the universe i live in. I don't live in a bubble.

I asked the person who started this moronic thread about the race issue and he has yet responded. Why do people here feel like they have to respond on his behalf?

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

RollTide.....I still dont see where the race issue came up in the original post?? Lets face it....and I explicitly remember the last year on this board......some posters here were saying that Vince could never mature, should never get another chance in Tenn., that he will always be a horrible QB. Granted this was all during the win streak last year....so it was easy to bash on a guy that wasnt playing. Come one, you cant tell me posters werent making comments like..."why is it every 1 time they show Vince he is listening to his ipod.....or why wasnt he around Collins after a TD.....maybe he should stop playing his PS3 on the sideline(Ok i made that one up).

If your trying to tell me people on this board werent bashing and disliking Vince cause he was not on the field last year, then I am delusional. And what was going on last year was NOT a race thing....people did not like Vince's attitude, maturity, or the fact he was sitting on the bench just collecting money, plain and simple had nothing to do with his color.

And I find it very funny, that some of those same posters, and I know who they are, are all trying to cling along the Vince bandwagon now...when a year ago it was he could never succeed with the Titans again, or even wants to try and be a better QB. You are right NEVER is a very strong word, but it has been said by many and we all know that is true.

And there is a huge difference between what the OP said, and guys like Rush Limbaugh, I dont care what your political stance is, this isnt the board for that, but it is well known that the guy is partially racist and critical...and it was not an image the NFL wanted, remember that vote came from Owners, not players.

And no just for your knowledge, just because a black guy is criticised, WE ALL dont assume its just racism....that's as ignorant a comment as being a racist.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, you keep asking the question but apparently none of our answers are good enough for you, so what's the point? NYCTitan will you please just say that you do indeed believe that all Vince haters are racists and put an end to this nonsense?

You didn't start the thread, but you are the one that brought race into it and refuses to let it go. The premise of this thread isn't dumb at all but the direction this thread has gone certainly is.

The OP responded on page 7. Guess you missed that. And I wasn't responding on his behalf as much as I was taken aback that you brought race into this out of nowhere so I wanted to reply. This is a discussion forum after all. :yes:

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

It seems like thats the reason. I think VY's lack of maturity coupled with his big contract and title of what was supposed to be our "franchise qb"..I think is the major reason why some people are just turned off. When it comes to sports..which has such the major eliment of "team" attached to it..when someone begins to show characteristics of a "quitter" or "selfish" its something that sticks..and that dark cloud can certainly be hard to get rid of

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Yea..I saw that too. Definitely a wtf moment. Completely un-necessary and I definitely agree that we got lucky there. Those 15yrds could very well have cost us the game. If your gonna do something that dumb..do it in the 1st..not their when the opposing team is driving down and has the chance to win ! lol geeeez

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You keep asking questions try answering one for a change. Why do YOU think some people will never appreciate vince young? Why do some people like kerry better even now? NEVER is your word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar