If Fisher were to repeat the previous 16 seasons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2010.

?
  1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No.

45 vote(s)
    88.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Blame Fisher for the floods in TN. He made that happen.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So one player equals a team having great talent in your mind then? With Haynesworth we were great but without him we weren't? Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Now you're backtracking and trying to qualify your original statement. You said....
    You're the one that made the bold statement of "When has JF had great talent and not won at least 68% of his games?" I pointed out last season and now you're making excuses about a new DC, injuries, rookie CBs, declining vets and whatever else you can think of. The bottom line is we did in fact have great talent last season and we did not win 68% of our games. Maybe in your mind you somehow don't view that roster as great because we lost a single dominant player but I think the majority of Titans fans would disagree with you.

I think we did have the talent to be a SB contending team. Just because we lost AH we suddenly are out of the picture? We still had the talent to get there. Unfortunately we had some bad luck, a couple of guys did decline (though not to the extent you are making it out to be) and Fisher made PLENTY of mistakes. Does he deserve all the blame? No. Does he deserve more blame than anyone else in the organization? Hell yes. He let our best QB on the roster waste away on the bench for 6 weeks as we racked up loss after loss. And before you go off on a random tangent, NO I'm not saying Vince would've won all of those games or even that he would've won half of them. I'm simply saying we weren't playing our best player at the most important position for six weeks and we ended up 0-6. Maybe Vince would've won us some games in that stretch. Maybe he wouldn't have. We'll never know. And don't even get me started on 'Toast' Harper.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we say that every year

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Where is Fisher, is he WASHED UP?

5. JCBRAVE

LOL, yes Fisher is washed up for sure. He was caught by Memphis' spam filter before entering the Mississippi River.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

A lot of this post is true but what 99% of Titans fans seem to look over is WE HAVE A SMALL MARKET TEAM! Much like Vols football fans there seems to be a false sense of entitlement. Now Bud Adams does realize the challenges that face a small market team and that's why Jeff Fisher still coaches the Titans. Sure Bud has times were he feeds the animals with public comments but money talks and it's been going in CJF's pocket.

There IS NOT a more successful small market team over the past 12 years other than the Colts and they have arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. Tony Dungy gone..... so what, Jim Caldwell is a SB coach. If Caldwell left and Jeff Fisher took over do you honestly think the Peyton led Colts wouldn't go to multiple SBs?
    Fisher had a better than average QB with a sh@# ton of heart and had us a play away from OT in the SB. We all have our opinions about VY but we can all agree he can't even sniff the jock strap of a Manning, Brees, Rivers, etc.

Bud will never pony up for big time free agents but when guys like Kevin Carter and Lorenzo Neal sign here I'll guarantee you it's about the organizations stability and head coach.

The national media, the league's players and brass know it. Hell, Vince Young knows it. The Titan fans that see the team in the same eyes of the NY's, SF, Oak, Philly, DC, Houston, Dallas, Tampa, Balt, Chicago, Miami and NE markets are the ones crying wolf.

One day Jeff Fisher will move on and you guys will see what it's like to be a Buffalo, Jax, KC, Cincy, Cleveland, St. Louis, Seattle and Viking fan over a decades span.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What's wrong with being a Vikings fan? They're usually a pretty solid team. The Bengals have had a couple of good seasons and are improving. Seattle had a few good seasons and one very good year.

8. JCBRAVE

Nah man, you don't wanna be a Bengals fan or a Vikings fan. Those two franchises are somehow always in the discussion of who will relocate. The Titans franchise is sitting pretty in Tennessee. I'd hate to be a fan of an organization that may not be around for very long to root for. It's bad to be a Bills fan and Jags fan for that same reason. Titans fans are fortunate in several ways, but the lack of a championship sucks.

LOL, my friend tried telling me the other day that the Raiders are a better team today than the Titans, because they have three rings and we have none. I was laughing so hard when he tried rationalizing their success in the 80's with the team today. But see that's why we Titans fans feel anxious, because we have nothing to show for our work over the years. I'd say we are lucky as fans, but not because of Fisher, not lately anyways. Up til 2002 we had it good.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"think we did have the talent to be a SB contending team. Just because we lost AH we suddenly are out of the picture? We still had the talent to get there. Unfortunately we had some bad luck, a couple of guys did decline (though not to the extent you are making it out to be) and Fisher made PLENTY of mistakes. Does he deserve all the blame? No."

You just agreed with me.

I didn't say AH not being here makes a difference between 8-8 and 13-3 i gave several reasons.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How can we say that Fisher is a bad coach when he has a 39-25 record the last 4 seasons with Vince Young and Kerry collins taking all the snaps? What would our record be with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

Young has a career passing rating of 72 and Collins 73 but knotheads on this board think we should have been airing it out. Combined those guys have a 72.5 career rating and then we have had below average WRs to boot. Get serious!

We should be "modern" like the Saints but the friggin saints have a hall of fame QB! Where is our hall of fame QB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar