If Fisher were to repeat the previous 16 seasons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2010.

?
  1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No.

45 vote(s)
    88.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Jeff Fisher were to create the same results for the next 16 years as he did the previous 16, would you keep him?

Just FYI:

Regular-season record: 136-110
    Post-season record: 5-6
    Overall: 141-116

Two AFC Championship appearances (1-1)
    One Super Bowl appearance (0-1)

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Just the fact that he got 1 SB appearance and 0 wins I would rather take my chance with someone else.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I voted no and would vote the same for any other HC in the league who has yet to win a Super Bowl - though in real life there will be many HCs winning their first Super Bowl during that time. Based on this criteria we'd better hire a coach that already has won the big one or we might as well keep Fish.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Ummm no. No way in hell. Why would any fan want to keep a coach around for 16 more years if you know he isn't gonna get you to your ultimate goal?

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Of course not.......... knowing the end result.

Doesn't mean he's a bad coach but with no superbowls I would want to try another direction and hope something changed.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, there's no way I'd keep him another 16 seasons... unless he starts winning Super Bowls every other year.

IMO:
    1. Belichick
    2. Reid
    3. Coughlin
    4. Payton
    5. Tomlin
    6. Fisher
    7. Turner
    8. Phillips
    9. Harbaugh
    10. Ryan

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Nope. Fisher's problem is that he's widely considered a good coach. He'll keep you in playoff contention over time. But that's not what fans or owners want. Not even players. Eventually he's gotta get the team to the next level or you naturally start looking around at the handful of other good coaches wondering if just a simple change would be a better fit.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

thats a very broad question. if fisher gets us deep in to the playoffs this year then i would definetly keep him(by deep i mean afc championship game or superbowl) but anything else is unacceptable. if we dont make the playoffs i would be ready to pull the trigger............

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Why would anyone? Yeah sure I'll take 1 SB appearance over the next 16 years. It's time for Fisher to go. What has he done for us lately?

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

NO WAY.

Hell coaches who HAVE WON the SB have gotten FIRED a few years AFTER WINNING.

This guy goes 16 years; appears once; and doesn't get it done? Why should he be exempt?

Bud needs to wake up before its time to go to bed....for good.

disclaimer: No one can dispute that he's a "decent" coach. But what does it all matter if you cannot consistently place well in the playoffs at least every couple years??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar