I Think Trading Back is Realisitc

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd have zero issues with this. If we could trade back a few spots, pickup a 3rd or 4th.. and get Cooper. Dream come true.

Trade back 1st (#10) for 1st (#?) & 3rd -- could throw in our 4th if needed.

1st - Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack
    2nd - Jonathan Hankins (or another 0-tech DT)
    *trade our 3rd & traded 3rd (in 1st rd trade back), to get back into 2nd*
    2nd - Tank Carradine
    3rdC - BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB
    4th - BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB
    5th - BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB
    5thC - BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB
    6th: BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB
    7th: BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB
    7thC: BPA: RB/C/SS/LB/TE/CB

That's what our draft SHOULD look like.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Two Trade offers come through at the same time:

Dallas: 10 for 18 and 47(2nd)------Dallas moves up for Ansah
    Dolphins: 10 and 70(3rd) and Nate Washington for 12 and 54(2nd) and a 2014 4th. Dolphins move up for Johnson.

Which offer do you take?

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Dallas trade easily. We have a lot more breathing room after Free Agency, so we can afford to take the BPA between CB/WR/LB/G at 18. I'd love having that extra 2nd round pick but I don't see anyone making a trade like that.. maybe if we throw in a late 3rd or 4th it would be a bit more realistic.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm pretty convinced Miami wants one of the 3 standout Tackles, and like you're getting to, they might have to get ahead of some teams to make this happen.

The interesting thing that makes this idea work is Miami has their 1st, (2) 2nd's, (2) 3rds, and a 4th, 5th, 6th, and (2) 7ths, they have the ammo to move up, and I think they will have to, but will they do it with us is my only question....

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Realistically, the ball is in the lions, cards and bills court. All 3 need a ot so it will be interesting to see if given the opportunity they take one, take something else or trade out. I think the cards are a good trade up partner for the fish if Johnson is only ot on the board.

I think our trade opportunity would be for either l Johnson, ansah, or milliner falling to us. There is a real possibility 4 of the 5 elite ol are gone when we pick. Trade out and lose them all or grab the last one?

Gut

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont the Browns also need a Tackle?

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

They sure as hell don't need a LT. I don't think any team would want to jump spots in the first round to select a RT, unless they have a left handed QB. No way the Browns trade spots with us to select a RT.

I seriously would like the idea of trading out the #10 spot, but only if it gains us a 3rd round pick (which I don't see happening).

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the browns take milliner or trade out so another team could jump up for milliner or the 2nd or 3rd ot. Personally I think the browns take milliner to team with Haden. There biggest need is cb and they should be looking at the best one available.

Gut

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Lions pick is the one that will be interesting to watch. Their needs and our needs are similar on the defensive side of the ball in terms of DE and CB. Question is do they take an OT to protect Stafford or work on the defense. I think they will have a tough decision between Ansah, Milliner, and Johnson.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Titanup, don't think jcbrave was suggesting the browns trade with us, but merely that they could be in the conversation regarding ot and trading spots.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar