I Think Trading Back is Realisitc

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

With Joeckel and Fisher being locks for the first eight picks, a team coveting Lane Johnson could be looking to move up past San Diego who picks 11th. There is a group of teams all muddled together from 12 to 17 who I think would be willing to move past San Diego for an offensive tackle.

Miami (probably)losing Jake Long. St. Louis trying to protect Sam Bradford. Pittsburgh's o-line is always a question mark.

I don't think there is any doubt that one of the two guards, if that's the position we address, would be available in the 12-17 range.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything beyond 15 if we're talking about getting Cooper instead of Warmack.

Fisher would likely take Cooper at that point... and I can't live with the Fish stealing our pick when he never takes who we want in the past.

Or are you suggesting Warmack could slip that far?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would be totally fine dropping to the mid teens. There is still a good chance a top Guard will be available or even Trufant or Rhodes.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If we don't take him who would? No one has a need at guard like we do. I don't think any team outside of the Rams in the first 20 picks feels like they couldn't pass up Warmack as much as we do. Pittsburgh might take him because they almost always stay true to their board and don't bother with need.

Someone might take him purely for value, but DeCastro fell to the mid-twenties despite value AND a couple of teams in dire need of a guard.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I just don't really buy the idea that any teams will be wanting to trade up. All I keep hearing is how there's no difference in value between the player you'd get at #5 overall and #35.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

When teams trade up they are trading up for a need. If you need a LT and Johnson is the last 1st rnd rated LT on the board then you better move to get your guy.

We are in a decent spot where talent can start getting slim at positions.

I think that their are 3 top DTs Star, Richardson, and Floyd if 2 are gone then a team might make a move.

Pass rushing OLBers...Jones, Mingo, and Jordan...if 2 go before 10 then it could pressure a team to move.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

With Cook not being franchised that gave the team another hole they'll need to fill. Trading back is our best option IMO, especially of we can get another 2nd.

I'm telling you, every year there is a "can't miss" guard prospect and they ALWAYS drop. If that's the way the team is leaning.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think we will trade down to 13 with the Bucs if Dee Milinar falls past the Lions and Jets.

The 10th spot in the draft is probably the best pick to trade out of because there is always a top 6-7 player that falls.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Honestly I can see us drafting Lane Johnson at 10, but hey maybe it's just me. I dunno, the Titans seem to throw us a lot of curve balls on draft day.

The way I look at it, this team is not going to be "fixed" in a single draft, it's going to take a two or three good drafts to get us on track.

So if we want to take the most athletic offensive tackle possibly to ever play thus far in the NFL, I'm more than fine with it. Hell we could line him up at TE in certain packages, he played QB and TE and ran 4.7 at 303 pounds!!!

Back to the OP's point though. I think if Johnson is there we could very well get some action from teams that want to leapfrog San Diego, because you can bet the farm SD will draft him.

I think it would be the wisest move at the end of the day, we will have our choice of either Warmack or Cooper as long as we stay in the top 15 (hopefully Cooper).

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree. I have no doubt that Fisher would undermine us and snatch our guy up if we were to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar