I think someone mentioned a while ago Shady McCoy was the fastest RB in the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Shady only ran for 800 yards last season for 2 tds and has only broken 1000 yards twice. His best season in 1300 yards! Yeah he is wayyyyyyyyyy better than CJ or Charles. LOL. GTFO!

2. TitansWillWin2

I'm pretty sure it was the bronze medal!

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Overall? I can beat both guys in a marathon. Guess I am the fastest, overall. I might not be stronger than Keith Bulluck, but I am faster than CJ, overall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That's an interesting way to put it. Unless someone is faster than someone else at all sprinting distances it's pretty inaccurate to say they are overall faster. The longest distance I would consider a sprint is 200 meters though. Anything longer and we start to creep into endurance territory. As a track guy I do consider the 100m dash the gold standard for speed though, a 150m would be interesting but it's never run.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

It's really all relative. Yes, the 100m is the gold standard, but the 40 yard dash is a better indicator for "football" speed. Actually, the best distance for pure, raw, all-out speed is probably the 60m that is run in indoor track. Just long enough to get to top speed, but not long enough to hold pace for any distance.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

No timed speed test better estimates football speed than the 40 yard dash. That's why NFL scouts always want to see that and let it hold so much weight for them when evaluating players. The official record time for 40 yard dash at the NFL combines is 4.24 seconds by Chris Johnson. That's all players too. Not just RB's.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd be interested to see what CJ's current 40 time is.

8. TitansWillWin2

If he trained to run it again, I'd say lower 4.3's

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I wish they'd do a race at the Pro Bowl. Take 5 or so of the perceived "fastest players in the league" and see what happens. It would be really fun to watch.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Oh I whole-heartedly agree. I'm not being football-specific though.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar