I know I was wrong...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I agree, Vince does not have the talent surrounding him that Cutler and Leinart do. If you look at all the "busts" at QB over the years, they all have one thing in common-lack of talent surrounding them, and a FO unwilling or incapable of providing talent.

What makes this crop of QB's so unique is that they are all good. All have good arms, good decision making ability, good feet, and all posess the intangibles like poise and leadership ability. The only difference is that Vince has triple A-talent surrounding him.

I would have hoped that we could have put together a team that would be competative this year-now I just hope that the FO will provide quality talent in the future so that Vince will not be labeled as a "bust."

It's going to be a long season...

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Titanpride....

Dude in 5 yrs this years draft will be shown to have had one of the best QB pools of any decade.

VY was drafted for his potential. Be patient man. He has the potential to change the game to the extent that LT & Reggie White did but at QB.His upside is astounding.:wink2:

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no you were not wrong

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

figures...coming from you. I can't wait till VY proves your sorry butt wrong. I'm be the first to laugh in your face.

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

The thing about Cutler that's different than both Vince and Leinart is that Cutler has never had to deal with expectations. Every game that Vanderbilt won was icing on the cake--nobody was counting on them (a la preseason games). Really not a big deal either way. If Vince or Leinart lost one of their games (even to teams like OU, ND, OH St), it was armageddon. So anybody that says they have seen Cutler in adverse action is wrong--every big game he won in the SEC was one he entered with absolutely NO pressure. I can tell you this, he'll start feeling some pressure once everybody gets their wish and they put him in the #1 seat. With the talent around him, he will be EXPECTED to win--and that's the type of game tape Vince and Leinart have and he has none.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Please. Fair enough to be a homer, but at least be realistic enough to admit that Cutler and Leinart are both ahead of Young at this stage, regardless of supporting cast. We all knew that before the draft too. The question who is better when looking back at the entire decade that they're (hopefully) likely to play.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

at least I don't hide behind a troll name :moon2:

He knows what I am talking about :)

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I've yet to see Leinart, Cutler is doing what you hope to see at this point. I don't think Young has been disappointing except for a couple of poor reads. Expectations are very high.

But you are 100% correct in that now doesn't matter and that only time will sort this out.

9. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Cutler didn't have to deal with expectations??? Honestly tell me who else in that horrid Vandy team (God Love 'em) was expected to carry the team week to week. Four year starter and captain even on a sellar dwellar carries volumes. Everytime he stepped on that field the defense had one goal and one goal only. To stop Jay Cutler. At Texas it was to shut down the impressive run game and keep Vince off the field. At USC the primary goal was to shut down reggie and Lendale from bulldozing your line down. But not at Vandy, Cutler had a huge Target painted on him and him alone every game. Young will be fine but to sell Cutler short is ridiculous and you are a true homer if you can't realize the sceptics before the draft are doing a complete 360 on their evaluations of Cutler.

10. titanmeister

titanmeister North End Zone Rules

Cutler vs Young

I'm a Vandy fan and watched Jay for years and knew he had loads of talent and was a tough, tough kid. I think he will have a very good NFL career. However, Vince Young has so much potential that I agree with the pick over both Jay and Matt. As others have stated it's nonsense to compare them at this point in their brief careers. Pre-season is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage that lines the pockets of the greedy owners. I will admit that Jay is more polished right now than Vince but remember that Jay has an extra year on Vince and was a starter his freshman season. Plus Vandy's offense was more air oriented than Texas. It only makes sense that Jay is ahead of Vince at this point in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar