I know I was wrong...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

about Pac-man going to be a constant off the field problem when we drafted him last year. And it's well noted on this site that I was adament about drafting Cutler over Young with everyone tearing into to me... stating I didn't know what I was talking about, but could someone please explain to me or make me feel better about the Young pick before I lose my mind. I'm not wanting a argument... I seriously want a perspective that maybe I'm not thinking about... other than " He's just starting ", " He'll eventualy be accurate ".. ect.

2. Young has more potential than any other player in the draft. It's not about how good the player is today. It's all about how good they are going to be 3 years from now. 5 years from now. 10 years from now.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why should anyone bother to judge a rookie based on limited work in three preseason games?

Bump this thread in 2009.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Fair enough. I want Young to succeed... I really do, but watching Cutler at the Pro level so far is literally making me sick to my stomach.

5. TitanJeff

Pro Bowl? Even he admits he's looking at second-team vanilla defenses.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I heard this talk locally in Knoxville this morning... "Cutler is so much better than Young. The Titans were such idiots to draft Young." Kind of funny how local writers/talkers/goobers read something in the paper and then it automatically becomes their own opinion.

The timing is too coincidental. Who spread this crap nationally?

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree, but so isn't Young. That being said... he dominated our first team defense... which I would have to contribute to a dominating running game and a defense with a'lot of 1st, 2nd year players.

8. TitanJeff

I think we'd all love to see Young lighting up second-team vanilla but I don't think that would mean he'd do the same against starters scheming to stop him.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Still can't believe there are people out there who take preseason even remotely seriously...

He ain't even played a game yet! Give the man a break.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree, absolutely pointless in even discussing this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar