I have to get this off my chest..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I don't exactly agree with the threadstarter on everything, but there is something about our fanbase that causes many of us to have a strange and undeserved hatred for our players. When one of our players does something worthy of criticism, instead of seeming disappointed in them, many of our fans seem to be almost relieved that they can really step up the hate and have something legitimate to explain away their uncalled for hatred with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think anyone 'hated' CJ before the lockout. In fact, the only real person I ever remember anyone hating before he stepped on the field was PacMan.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Oh there was plenty of CJ hate going on in 2010 when everyone realized he wasn't going to have a historic season. Nobody minded him when he ran for 2,000 yards though. I'll give you that.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To me, CJ is an entertaining character/person. I didn't have a problem with him holding out for money, because I understand that. I didn't have a problem with him skipping OTAs prior offseasons, because I think they are overrated and I hate the whole idea of the non-mandatory aspect but treated like it is mandatory.

His running was bad last year. He had a few good games but he did run weak and far too many 0 yard runs.

I also understand that some place more importance on the player being a leader to the team and participating in everything they can. CJ certainly seems me-first (most of the time) so I get how that rubs people the wrong way.

But this whining by you guys on this forum is ridiculous. You are really offended because people have opinions/criticisms and it isn't just a love fest for one player??

I guess since you and CJtheBeast are "good" fans, you guys must also go to all the games and pay for season tickets, right? If not TitanJeff has a pair of season tickets for sale. Be a better fan with a vested interest and see if it changes your opinion on players from time to time.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How does this look

cjzombie.png

Thinking of using it for my team logo in fantasy football. The word Bath Salts is in their team name and we know users turn to zombies an hour after taking that stuff.

I don't know if this image is pushing it... Is it?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's all very simple.

I am a fan of the team. That trumps any individual player. If an individual player does ANYTHING which harms the team, they are fair game to just about any criticism from fans.

Britt does something stupid which gets him suspended, he's hurting the team. CJ holds out, doesn't appear to be in shape and underachieves, he's hurting the team.

Sometimes, a player can do something so well ON the field that it trumps anything negative. Pacman did this for a while. If CJ and Britt begin to be top performers, then you'll find fans here singing their praises. It's just the way it is.

• High Five High Five x 8
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Right on TJ, I'm a fan and will always be a fan of the Oilers/Titans, players come and go, but my loyalty runs with the Team.

8. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Wait, so rushing for 2,000 yards in a single season (only the 6th NFL player ever to do so) doesn't make him a top performer?

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Please explain how CJ is a moron?

Edit: I'm just gonna stop. I don't want the issue dividing posters. I'm glad the OP started this thread though. It was affecting my experience on this thread. I don't like being around negative people.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Was. And not one criticized him then. Then he holds out to be paid like the top RB in the league, got what he wanted and then under-performed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar