I have a feeling the VY lovers are going to hate Moss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. I've been trying to explain this to a friend of mine who is a Pats fan. He asked me "If Moss is so good why did Belichick and Childress get rid of him?" My answer, "Because Belichick is smart and Childress is an idiot."

Meaning Belichick knew they weren't going to resign Moss and I'm sure he was becoming somewhat of a distraction because he felt he deserved an extension but knew it wasn't going to happen. Belichick decided to wipe his hands of the situation while picking up a draft pick in the process. Smart.

Childress, on the other hand, let his ego and anxiety about getting canned get in the way of making an intelligent, rational decision. He was on tilt anyway because of how utterly disappointing their season has been. Then he freaked out when he found out Moss was complaining about him to Wilf. He hastily made the decision to waive him without thinking about the future repercussions from Wilf (as well as the fans). Idiotic.

It's really not as simple as "Moss was let go by two teams this season so it won't work out here either". Those were two very different, unique situations.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Don't know if I totally buy that but I like the analysis.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I mean clearly we the public don't know every single detail about what happened in New England and Minnesota. And I'm definitely speculating to a degree. But that's what I gather from the facts that we do know.

Minnesota has a policy that the coach must inform the owner before any major roster moves. Childress failed to do this. Which tells me he jumped the gun and didn't fully think it out.

The New England situation is much more speculative on my part. But Belichick has a history of managing to get good value out of vets he's done with.

My main point is that by the looks of things Moss wasn't let go from both teams for the exact same reasons. So these people who are automatically assuming it's going to end badly here aren't looking into the situation deeply enough.

5. exvikingsfan

exvikingsfan Camp Fodder

Again, I have watched Moss since his rookie season and he is not a Diva. He doesn't complain about QBs or other players. He doesn't complain about not getting the ball enough. His big problem has always been with the media. I don't know what the Nashville media is like but basically he just wants to be left alone. He will be productive for you if the coaches utilize him and he will help in two important ways even if they don't use him enough. He will mentor other receivers. He should be great for Britt. The other important way he will help is opening up the middle of the field for your slot guy and tight ends. Against New England last week their safety was lining up 25 yards deep. I don't know how much he will help the running game because defenses still may decide to stop the run first.

Watching Moss in his younger days was frustrating because no QB could get the ball to him. And I don't mean just the QBs he played with. I don't think there has ever been a QB alive that could get it to him when he was younger. He would have the defenders beat by three steps and then have to slow down to let the ball catch up to him. He probably would have 200 touchdowns by now if there had been a QB that could hit him in stride. I don't know if he can still do that on a consistent basis but I am anxous to see if VY can get it to him. The other thing they will have to get used to is throwing to him even when he is covered. As long as you can place the ball where he can go get it and the defender cannot you should still throw to him covered.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Randy did criticise the Patriots for being known not to pay players...

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Did he specifically say that?

What I remember, is he criticized the Pats for not paying HIM.

I don't think Moss can handle playing for losing teams or when he is not near the center of attention.

If we lose the next two, things will implode. IF things go well, Moss gets some TDs and highlights, I wouldn't expect any problems.

I had also forgotten about Randy Moss Motorsports. I'm sure that had some added appeal for him signing in TN.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

considering he just caught passes from Tom Brady, and Brett Favre, if he doesn't complain, that's a statement that VY truly is the number one rated passer period.

9. exvikingsfan

exvikingsfan Camp Fodder

Actually he did not complaing that they didn't pay him. He complained that they did not want to sign him to a new deal. He wanted to finish his career in New England but they would not talk to him about a new contract. And to me it was less of a complaint than a disappointment that they no longer wanted him after he scored 50 touchdowns for them in 3 years.

10. exvikingsfan

exvikingsfan Camp Fodder

He never complained about Brady, Casel, Favre, Collins, Culpepper, Cunningham, Johnson, so why would he complain about Young?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar