I hate ESPN! "Motor City Miracle"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah but the Titans should've had like 5 of the top ten plays haha

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

the game wasn't even in Detroit, so how would it have been Motor City?

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

To Hell with the Lions and their so called "motor city (almost) miracle." Suckers.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We've actually been getting the majority of the highlights/talk from that game on ESPN- which I've been surprised by.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout May Flowers and May Day

ESPN bringing MNF really is not the same. Wished that ABC could carry back MNF! As they made them a classic!

6. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Yes I wished ABC had it back

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I can't stand the east-coast biased Jets Network aka ESPN crap so I waited a little longer to see the highlights on NFL Network so I could show my girlfriend the crazy game she had missed. We waited ... and waited ... as they shown 80% of the other games first in basically full-detail.

Even before they got to the Titan/Lions game they went back and re-capped the boring Jets/Fins OT game and what the Jets did to win this game ...

FINALLY it was Titans/Lions time the wait was over - I knew NFL Network does a good job at going into full detail and analysis of every game so I told her pay attention to all the big plays etc ...

They started out showing a clip of the "Music City Miracle." In the 1st quarter - they say " OK LETS SKIP TO THE FOURTH QUARTER"

After the "Music City Miracle Part-2" there was about 2 Lions clips and then boom over.

Im like uhhh ok maybe there will go into detail about the game - as soon as the scoreboard was done and the 3 highlight packages (1 on the Titans) it went to commerical ... uhhhh?

Wasn't this the craziest game in a long time?

Did Jake Locker not just nearly throw for 400 yards and 2 scores and complete over 60% of his passes ? Locker's name wasn't even mentioned ... But if Sanchez has a game of 200 yards and a touchdown they want to throw a parade and recap his entire performance.

I mean its laughable - I come to sort of expect this by now but I mean cmon ... 44-41 shootut and tons of great defensive playmaking highlight scenes from the Titans but nada in return ... O well and so it goes for the state of Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

small market

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I, too was glad to see 3 plays in the top 10, but, before the Fiasco in Seattle, and despite the game going into overtime, I thought Verner's "Strip Six," (props to Stan for the coinage) would make top play.

At least someone said Washington's was the catch of the year so far.so we got that.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Has anyone noticed that we've been in 2 commercials? One is the Sunday Ticket with a guy wearing a Titans shirt and the other I can't remember what it was for but it has a guy slapping a Titans flag as luck or something in his garage.

Anyway, it's not surprising considering we're a small market team and we're not doing so well this year anyway. If I was ESPN I would be hesitant to show us any love, we're mostly in the news for off the field issues now a days. I mean if we really think about it every time we start getting some positive attention we turn to crap. VY, 13-0 then choking, Haynesworth, CJ sucking, etc. If we beat the Texans this weekend (welp) we'll be getting a lot more attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar