I am Legend - The original ending!! (watch it if you haven't seen it)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

BIG TT, it's just that people these days are far more critical of anything dealing with horror, or monsters.
    Like people say scary movies these days aren't scary. Yet, when we watch every single old scary movie, they're just plain hilarious and so cheesey it's hard to imagine anyone at any point finding them scary. But they claim they were true great horror movies.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Specifically?

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Gloat, maybe you are refering to slasher movies as I call them. In truth hollywood doesn't really produce true horror anymore because the youth of today have grown up with seeing the violence/horror in extremes. True horror often doesn't show you the actual act per se but rather leads you up to it and then lets your imagination take care of the rest. Slasher on the other hand can only succed by being more and more grusome than the last attempt. The first two Alien films, The Shinning(only King novel that translates to film IMO), and more recently Darkness Falls and the Ring fall into what I would call Horror.

4. Deuce Wayne

Most old horror/scary films. Halloweens, Texas Chainsaw Massacres, and especially the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Streets.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm with you on the II's III's etc., but the originals (esp Halloween and TCM) still hold up today and in their day they, before kids were totally desensitized by video games etc. those movies terrified the piss outta folks. Fake blood is always scarier than CGI blood.

6. Deuce Wayne

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Guess I'm not 100% on text-speak.. What's ftw?

8. Deuce Wayne

for the win!

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Really though?? Cartoons make for scarier scenes than prop scares?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's more the scriptwriter, but I digress. I think someone being able to recreate the feel of a book - whichever it may be - takes a certain skill to do in itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar