Hurry Up and Wait on a Fisher Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

I would HATE to see Fisher go and I would be upset with the organization if they were the reason for his departure.

the only possible replacement that i would be content with if Fisher was out would be Chow. Chow deserves to be a head coach in the league and I feel like him and Vince already have a good chemistry and will be able to improve from there. I feel like if any other coach were to be brought in, they would implement their own system and it would be a step back for Vince

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He doesn't seem to be getting it from those who matter most in Nashville, though. :rolleyes:

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I cant agree more, to say its his fault if we dont make the playoffs is a joke really, unfortunately, I think we set ourselves up for failure this year
    Last year the team chemistry was awesome, take away 3 starters on the offense with a 2nd year qb that carried this team, we have a problem.
    Reese leaves and some shmuck comes in that rly doesnt have ne idea about how the locker room was before he came in, and he thinks he can look at this team adn say were as good as if not better than last year, thats a joke
    The titans have never been an elite team for the most part, even in the Sb years, the team had sputters, and the defense, except for 2-3 players, wasnt a household NFL defense

Fisher glued this team together, every year, even in our 4-12 year, bc look at that yer, the offense was sick in the air it out style, he made adjustments to put our team in the game to win it

This may be a little tough to some, but Im gonna come out and say it, compared to last year, this team isnt much of anything, several underachievers up to this point and several rookies along with Bulluck, Thornton, Hope, and KVB are going to be asked to win us games, and taking Pac out of the mix doesnt help, you look at the secondary, and youre like, wow, its really promising, but right now, what the hell is it, a great saftey thatss not the best, but average at covering, oposite him, a gaping hole that is a free 6 points when the ball is thrown that way, and the corners, a converted saftey rookie who needs time, which he wont get to develop, hes pretty much thrown into the fire, a potential starter ruined by possibly one of the worst defensive coordinators to ever see the NFL, and then just a bunch of average joes

You look at this team and tell me were a team that can compete into the playoffs, Im gonna show you someone who doesnt exactly undxerstand a reality idea outside of homerism

Now some of you may say, well look at last year, no one expected this to happen, and all I can say is, yep youre right, but what have we seen that doesnt hurt the odds it can happen again, teams are going to be better prepped for VY, I think VY will still singlehandedly win games for us, like he did last year, but wheres the supporting cast??? It hasnt developed yet, we dont even know who our #1 WR is, and for all but about 3-5 teams entering camp, theres a lock at #1
    Two young guys in the backfield, which I feel is going to be very good and promising, but they havent yet gotten that in the game experience they need to be exposed to to where they can take the load and know how to handle every situation

My first, and hopefully last offseason overview is over
    and now, the prediction
    08 = 7-9

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I've never understood why his name comes up so much. The guy goes 8-8 and people act as if it was an over achievement. It wasn't.
    It was Fisher's fault for the bad start, and almost every season we start off rough, and he begins coaching around week 5 (or at least making adjustments).

Hard to be considered a great coach when everyone knows your win column is a direct result of pro-bowl caliber players winning the games for you. While your mediocre players remain mediocre.
    Fisher's sort of like Phil Fulmer. If he's got a loaded roster, he might make a run, but if he has a season or 2 without that great roster and key players, he isn't going to take you anywhere.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes it was. Last years team was in no way an 8 - 8 team.

Compared to which great coach who wins games with scrubs?

He almost took us to the playoffs last year without a loaded roster. And since 1999 he has had one, so I don't know where that comparison comes from.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. Or... *gasp*... Craig Johnson who worked with him probably more than anyone else.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just a hypothetical here but is Fisher still here if Pacman doesn't make the INT against the Giants, Young doesn't improvise and win the Texans game in OT and Bironas hits an unlikely 62-yard FG?

If the Titans end the season 5-11, I don't know if both Reese and Fisher would not have been shown the door.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you're praised as a coach for "almost" getting to the playoffs. You are not a great coach. Simple as that.
    Last years roster was BETTER than 8-8. And without Fisher's boy Kerry Collins starting for a few weeks, they would have been better than 8-8. Without the loss to Baltimore they would've been better than 8-8 and good coaches do not lose after being up 27-7 at half-time. Sorry.

Our roster may not be "loaded" but it's very capable of playoffs and should make playoffs. Don't let ESPN fool you. We have a top 3 LB in Bulluck. We had a great running game. We had decent receivers. Hope is pro-bowl material. Pac-Man was pro-bowl worthy. Vince made pro-bowl. The O-Line was great.
    Compare this roster to most in the playoffs, and there isn't much difference other than a few exceptions.
    Let's stop making excuses for the guy. Without a great roster, he will never do great. That's just how it is. He is solid though. I'm comfortable with him as our coach, I just wouldn't be devastated if he left because I think just about anyone could coach a team as well as it has been coached the last 3-4 years.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a team with a 32nd rank defense has no business being in the playoffs. Outside of Pacman, Hope, Bulluck, KVB and Thornton there isn't much else to write home about. And even KVB suffers when there is no one else on the D-Line. Haynesworth shows up when he wants to.
    The rest is very meh.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Still lacking a legitimate, proven #1 WR, defense is garbage especially we won't be eating up WR anymore. We need some sacks damn it, without putting pressure on opposing Qbs they will just pick our secondary apart again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar