Hunter gains 15 pounds in the offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I thought they automatically called Pass Interference in these situations. lol.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

only when Pollard is in the mix

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

not really. Just bored and looking for talking points. He looked like a string bean out there. You shouldn't weigh under 200 unless you are a kicker or a WR under 5'10. If he were 230-250.. then yeah.

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I was 6'4 180 in HS, never did heavyweights. Went to the heavy lifting, I'm at 215. From a strength standpoint it's a huge increase.

He won't get pushed around by these corners and safeties a lot. Nothing worse then getting physically dominated when trying to run a route.

5. nickmsmith

They really don't let them do much anymore. 20 years ago, I would totally buy in. People needed to get bigger to be able to handle the hits.. but you can't hardly touch WRs anymore.

Did I mention that I hate what the NFL has become?

Everybody's got an ideal playing weight. 215 is probably about right for Hunter. He always be the lanky jump ball receiver, I think.

6. JCBRAVE

You have to also keep in mind that if you start the season at 215, you'll probably be closer to 200 by seasons end.

Chris Johnson bulked up to 215 in 2011 just so by December he'd have something left in the tank he said.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Expect big things out of Hunter this year. Wright and Hunter should be our dynamic duo for the next __ years.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Glad he committed and gained the weight like he said he would. the guy is a twig, the extra strength and weight will help him be physical at the line and attacking the ball.

and do you people seriously think a 190 pound pro athlete gained 15 lbs by eating mcdonalds and donuts? he has strength and conditioning experts consulting him with how.to.gain the weighr the right way... lets hope he's bern working on his route running etc too and he should be in for a big season.

9. JCBRAVE

Justin Hunter is about to become what Kenny Britt was suppose to be in 2011. Remember the first game of that year Kenny goes off posting nearly 300-yards in the first two games... Then the following week he tears his ACL and goes on injured reserve.. That was suppose to be his breakout season.

Justin Hunter is a bigger athlete with faster top end speed than Kenny, Webster obviously values good WR's more than any other Titans GM before him to look ahead and draft Hunter last year for this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Agreed. Also Hunter had a far better and more successful rookie season than Britt.

I also think Whiz only wants 1 kinda guy like hunter. He uses the stack formation a lot where I think wright and Washington will excel at.

Hunter = our fitz
    Wright = our boldin
    Washington = our brestin

They'll use mccluster and walker as proper diversions and change ups it would seem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar