How was the defense today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was fast. And aggressive. And pretty good at taking down the ball-carrier on first contact, especially by the secondary (Griffin, Finnegan, and McCarty having some stand-out tackles).

The play-calling got lax in the 3rd, and definitely again in the 4th. It actually looked a lot like the early '09 defense - lack of blitzing, ends being herded to the outside, too many HB/TEs open over the middle for 10-15 yard gains.

Other than that, pretty good day. It remains to be seen if this defense just got older and better depth wise, or if the Raiders just don't have their **** together offensively, especially on that disaster of an offensive line they have.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I was ok with the conservative calling when we were up by 30 late. We didn't give up a TD until the 4th quarter, thats a pretty good indicator of how well they played

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Yes, the defense looked pretty good but lets face it... the Raiders make any defense look good. This is a really bad team.

Titans D grades should be put on hold until they face an actual NFL team.

4. SCSteeler

SCSteeler Camp Fodder

Who will be Killing these 2 guys? I would not put to much in the way you stopped the Raiders offense. Jason Campbell is afraid to throw the ball more than 10 yards and you can key on the Run with him in there.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. Maybe the same guy that killed Ben Ruthlessraper the last time he played him? 4 sacks, was it? I can't remember...

2. Jason Campbell afraid to throw and we can key on the run with him? Sorry- I like Dixon, but if you think ANYONE thinks Dixon is more of a passing threat than Jason Campbell, you've lost your mind.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Too many mistackles in the second half. Other than that, I can't complain.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Babin, Jones, Brown, Ford, Ball, Haye, Marks, Hayes...never heard of them? That's cool, you'll get to know them a little better when Dixon is on his back. As for our secondary, you'll be able to see the names on the backs of their jerseys as they high step into the end zone.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If I weren't a Titans fan, I would have heard of maybe three of those guys... Babin, Brown, and maybe Jones.

There's no chance I'd have heard of the other guys if I was a fan of another team (outside the AFC South).

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The Raiders are a team that many consider to be very improved. Not good, but very improved. I assure you the Raiders players didn't walk into Nashville saying 'were gonna get smacked in the mouth today, fellas'. But we smacked them in the mouth. And shut down talks of anything other then another long season. We very well may have dismantled this teams entire season in week 1 by embarrassing them the way we did. There's something to be said for that.

This is one of the easiest games, if not the easiest on our schedule. But I don't take anything bad out of squashing a crappy team 38-13, that's what good teams do.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I like our "defense with no names" coin. It makes me think of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOt1erxRzN8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar