How to guarantee a BCS Nat'l Championship for your school.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

SEC is where the big boys play.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sigh... bitter much?

Wait, the BCS system is set up to favor BCS teams? You're dropping truth bombs all over the place now!

It's really hard to argue credibly that the SEC is full of bad teams that beat up only on cupcakes. Yes, they play plenty of cupcakes, but they win big too. It's hard to argue against 4 straight national champions. Also, see the Florida game for why the BCS tends to not matchup an SEC team with one of the lesser known undefeateds.

Would Boise State have beaten Texas without Colt? Probably. Would they have beaten Alabama? Probably not.

I've got to agree that I'd much rather see a playoff, and I don't like cupcake games either. That being said, so many of your criticisms apply more to your own team than to Alabama, so it's hard to take them seriously.

Boise State had a great year. They look like they had a great team. They didn't make the national championship. Sorry.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

On the flip side, i don't see Florida or Alabama, or any SEC team for that matter blowing up the Boise State AD phone trying to get a home and home. Do you blame them? If you were florida, who would you rather play, The Citadel or Boise State?

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If you were Boise state, would you rather play Florida or Miami (OH)? .

And for the record, the last time Boise played an SEC team, Georgia, they were beaten 48-13. This was the year before Boise played Oklahoma, so they had Ian Johnson, Jarred Zibransky (sp), and many of the same key players who beat Oklahoma.

5. World Peace

This florida/cinci analogy is bunk. Cinci's head coach left almost a week after they went undefeated. Left his team high and dry. It's like a professor leaving a class, three weeks before the biggest final of your life and telling you... "Good luck on the hardest final of your life." I'm off to teach somewhere else.

You think bama would have won last night if Saban cut and run from the Alabama program three weeks ago?

6. World Peace

God, using your logic, The Florida gator team, that lost to Michigan in the Gator bowl a 2 years ago, could have been beaten by Appalachian State, the same team that beat Michigan in its home opener in Michigan. Are you saying Appalachian State is better than Florida by way of Fallacy?

7. World Peace

98th toughest schedule but they beat the number 1 defense in NCAA. I'm not talking about a team that played nothing but cupcakes to inflate this stat, I'm talking about TCU, a team that played nothing but contenders, not pretenders all season long. On Paper, TCU deserved the national championship game. On the field, where it matters, Boise State deserved it.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'll admit, the Cinci analogy is weak. However, the rest of my post still stands. While disputing the other comparisons about which teams beat others and what that means, you're still clinging to what your victory over TCU means, and the teams that they beat. Kind of means you have to use those to some degree, don't you?

If we lived in a better world, more teams would get a shot at the national championship game. That being said, we don't, and it's hard to say that, in the current system, either AL or TX didn't deserve it.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

10. World Peace

I happen to think that the ACC is one of the most under rated conferences. There's been alot of good NFL talent that's come out of the ACC. The thing is... A triple option team will NEVER win a bowl game. Unfortunately, GT keeps winning the ACC. I don't know how they keep doing it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar