How many times will ESPN let Jaws and Hogge tear down Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Laserjock, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Uncle...

Phil simms was drafted in 1979. Not 1983.

Todd blackledge was a first rd 83 pick(7) that turned bust. He did not have a significant career.

We can note that blackledge led his team to a national championship the previous year.
  2. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I was honestly shocked to hear - I think it was Hodge - claim that Brodie Coyle was the best QB in the draft. I have to ask you as a Tide fan, what happened to your offense if he was that good? Honest question, because I just don't know. Your offense should have absolutely tore up Tech in the Cotton Bowl - IMO - if Coyle was better than Leinart or Young.
  3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Their best receiver broke his leg. Their offense wasn't much to speak of, but Croyle played very well throughout his entire career (when he wasn't hurt).
  4. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I'll admit to not following the Tide much, but it seems they've recruited exceptional talent for the past few years. They also have arguably a good offensive minded coach. Were they really down to 1 receiver?

I saw posted in one of the threads a series of clips of the Longhorn season. So when you mention injury it does remind me how good we had it this past year. In every significant game I think we got at least one to two high quality - concussion type hits on QBs. Blowmar was just destroyed in the OU game. Klatt got his clock cleaned several times. I really think it was literally every game - even Leinart got his. The great part was having VY in the pocket, I never worried about that. He's big - Steve McNair big. He's also very intelligent and can sense the rush. He never lets himself take the big hit. Steve actually tought him alot about techniques to avoid injury. I think this is one thing you will likely enjoy about having VY as your QB. At least I hope so.
  5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

"Steve actually tought him alot about techniques to avoid injury."

I really hope that was a joke.
  6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Well, you know...do as i say not as i do. And all that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.