how many more 2k seasons for cj

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by hoheff78, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The reason he made 2k were the big gains. I believe he set the record for rushing gains of 40+. Pretty amazing in itself.

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I dunno, I could see him doing it again.

That only comes down to an average of 125 yards a game through a 16 game season. And once VY came in, even the teams that "shut down" Cj he was still reaching 100 yards on.

With his breakaway speed, I could honestly see him doing it again.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when you start reading things like, "that's only 125 yards per game." you know you're becoming spoiled. i can see it next year when he ends up with 1400 and people start asking what's wrong with him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Not sure I agree with never losing speed, I have seen a lot of sportsmen who have blistering pace (not as fast as CJ) lose a step or two with age.
    But I do think he can do it again but on the back of his break away runs. He has shown he can run the hard yards but with his talent I wouldn't want him to do it too often for fear of injury. Mixing it up a bit more would keep the opponents defense a little more honest as well.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Eighteen times.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think the Seahawks showed the league how to play CJ. If that game hadnt been about getting CJ 2000 yards and giving him 30+ carries. i think the Hawks would have shut him down to under 80 yards. Lets hope next season teams dont swarm CJ like the hawks did. This is why we must be able to throw the ball a lot better and more often.

if we prove we are more than handing the ball to CJ, i think he can get another 2,000 yard season. but if teams make CJ work for every yard like the Hawks did, then he will take a beating.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You do realize seattle gave up 130 yards and 2 TD to CJ. Possible 180 yards and 3 TD in most of our eyes... with 8 men in the box. Read that again and let it sink in. Seattle showed you that it doesn't matter what you do, you aint gonna stop 'em. It was sick what he did to Seattle. If Young was asked to throw we could have moved the ball all day. I don't know what game you were watching, but Seattle knew he was getting the ball and he still delivered the goods.

8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

HAHA yea.

Its hilarious.

Shutting this guy down actually means: 'Only' giving up 110+yrds and a TD or 2.

If thats 'Shut down' I'll take a 'shutdown' CJ over any other back in the NFL.

Don't forget that he would be #2 or #3 in total rushing yrds record like he deserves if a defender didn't hold during his breakaway for a TD.

Hell he may have ended up with the record itself if he had that breakaway and a few other things go his way.

9. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

0. Frankly it was stupid to do it this year.

10. amy

amy Starter

We need a balanced team more than we need CJ to get 2000 yds every season. Relying on one player to win for you is a recipe for disaster. LD should have used a lot more. How can any good player get better if they don't play? Fisher needs to get over this veteran fetish that he has. Play the young guns and let them learn. Hell, it couldn't be any worse than it was this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar