How long is Jake Lockers leash?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 1, 2014.

?
  1. 1-2

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. 2-3

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. 4

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6 and he's a goner

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

With his history, I'd have a very hard time extending him if he misses more than one game. It's not like he plays lights out when he's in and because of his style it's hard to move to a new system mid season. with the decisions our fo has made I really hope locker plays all 16 and at least two playoff games, but I just don't see it. Even a healthy locker all season might not make the playoffs.

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

No he actually didn't. Jake has played one full season as a starter and that was 2009. So in 6 seasons as a starter Jake has played a full season just one time. GTFO.

2007 Jake is removed from the field via ambulance during the Oregon State game and is put in a neck brace. He would go on to miss the Cal game the next week. Jake did not play all of 2007.
    2008 Jake tears his hamstring before the season but returns in time to start the year. Early in the Stanford game Jake breaks his thumb an misses the rest of the game and 8 games following.
    2009 Jake plays a full season yay
    2010 Jake fractures a rib during the Stanford game and misses the next game against Oregon. Jake did not play all of 2010.
    Total games missed during college - 10 plus the 3 games he could not finish

2011 Backup did not miss time in his limited PT, go Jake!
    2012 Jake exits the Houston game and misses 5 games total due to a discolated shoulder that requires surgery.
    2013 Jake exits the Jets game due to a hip injury. Comes back and sustains a lisfranc injury in the Jax game. Misses 9 games total.

So as a starter in the NFL Jake has missed 14 games out of a possible 32.

Jake did miss time in 2007 and 2010. You sir are wrong per usual.

Facts bro. Keep your stupidity in Canada.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

But but guise that's jus bad luck rite?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Much like the firing of munch i do not think we can draw a hard line in the sand with respect to games missed. If he has a weird freak injury that costs him a few games early then comes back stromg and plays well then he stays. But if old injuries dog him throughout the year but only misses a game or two i think he is gone.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not serious enough to keep him from playing in all games three out of four years. Guys get hurt. It is football. But locker came back.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

When did he play in all the games? I just proved to you he didn't WTF are you talking about he missed time in five out of 6 seasons as a starter its not up for debate it is a fact.

A quick search on your end and this wouldn't even be an argument but apparently that is too difficult.

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I have to believe they're going to give Mett a chance to compete for the job. That's all you can ask for - competition and let the best man win. I think you guys may have just drafted your starting QB; a perfect fit for Wiz's system. Time will tell

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It seems so weird to say it about a 6th round pick but I don't think you have to live in fantasy land to think he could be the future Titans QB. I actually still think Locker's a pretty good QB when he's healthy. Btw, Great draft for the Ravens imo!

9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Mettenburger was the QB in the draft I was least excited about, including Carr.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Jesus. Guy is straight GLASS. Why did we draft a QB with a fragile warning label wrapped all over it???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar