How long is Jake Lockers leash?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 1, 2014.

?
  1. 1-2

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. 2-3

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. 4

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6 and he's a goner

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know many of you here dont love the idea of heading into 2014 with an often injured Jake Locker as QB, but assuming he is the guy under center, how many games do you allow him to miss before you're really done with him and his injuries?

See the poll

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Depends on how he plays when he's on the field. From everything I've read the new regime isn't high on Locker... they may just be waiting for a better crop of QBs and let him walk next year no matter what. Lets be realistic, even if he lights it up this year and stays healthy, that's 1 season and you have to either tag him or sign him. Still pretty much a shot in the dark signing him long term even with a great year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

You talk as if QB's grow on trees. We'd be fools to ignore Locker in 2015 if he puts up 3500-yards passing and 20 TD's this year, thats no easy feat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

To answer your question from a personal viewpoint... if he doesn't make it a full season, let him walk. I like him and want him to be the guy, but I think most of us know its not going to happen. It's hard to say dump a guy like Locker who gives it his all when he's out there. I also don't want to sit and hope he develops for another 3-4 seasons while other teams snag up good Qbs that make an impact right away.

5. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

That would impress me but I would say he has a very uphill battle ahead of him.

6. JCBRAVE

No one is giving him any more than 1-2 seasons to prove it. He either plays 14-16 games this year or he's a goner IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If he LIGHTS IT UP when he's playing, I would give him 2-3 week injury leeway. If he is anything short of borderline pro-bowl, then there is no mercy.

8. JCBRAVE

Be realistic, say he plays 14 games, misses 2 games right... What are acceptable numbers to justify a contract in your opinion?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Bare minimum, IMO..

2500 yards passing

20 TD

max 10 INT.

minimum 60 pct completion.

That would put him in the consideration category. Getting over and above these numbers would help his cause.

A lot of factors go into stuff.. like game winning/losing.. Because Fitzpatrick had a good completion percentage, but was far from clutch.

So anyway, there are some arbitrary numbers for you.

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Im just saying its a tough situation. If he does great and stays healthy this season he will get tagged and have another season to prove his worth. But, I think he has a short leash with the new staff.

Basically, there's no way they sign him long term after just one good season. So if he does only miss a few games and plays pretty well, he will get tagged and have a year to prove he is worth a contract. That's kind of my point though... he's been around, yet we still don't know what he can do and they won't sign him longterm for one good year. That leaves us with at least 2 more years of seeing if Jake Locker is the QB we want. 5 years to see if you even have an average QB. This in a time when QBs are expected to come out of college and make an impact right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar