How Does Pac's Situation Change the Titans Draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by berkmanmvp2, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berkmanmvp2

berkmanmvp2 Guest

Possible thoughts.

I doubt this will really happen, but wouldn't Ted Ginn Jr, and his added skill as a return man, make a lot more sense right now since Pac may not be a Titan?
    It's clear the Titans need a WR, but I still think defense is CLEARLY a stronger need. DE, S, and possibly CB if Pac isn't around.
    Whatever Pac's status, it's certainly changed the outlook of the draft for the Titans. One more question mark thrown in.
    Before the Jones incident (and who knows, if we're really lucky he's cleared), I would've bet everything I owned the Titans would go defense. Now, I wouldn't bet everything, just most of it.
    Thoughts?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

wade is a capable return man, so i dont think we would draft the 4th best WR over the second best DE or S just because he can return kicks.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Gotta take FA into this as well...Before the so-called Mynxx-incident (a garbage bag of money? Really?) I was all for Landry or Nelson (trade-up as needed), but I'd really look at a WR and CB in some form or fashion. There's some decent FA DEs on the market...Kearney from ATL, Dewayne White from Tampa Bay, among others...Spend a little coin, draft well - We're only a few players away from another run.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

It means we are drafting a CB in the first 3 rounds.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

serious chance Jones is not even a Titan next season...................NFL is looking into a stiff suspension if he has any involvement............so far Jones story seems to be holding water.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Get Revis if Jones is out. Good corner that can return as well.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yuck. revis should not be a first round pick, and if this years corner class wasnt so horrible he wouldnt be.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Eh, we were probably gonna do that anyhow! :))

9. JpL

JpL Guest

why not we choose pacman over antrell rolle even when the coaching staff thought rolle was a better corner, but pacman had the return skills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar