how different do u think things would have been if...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with most of your post except this. He's making real good money. He doesn't play much so less chance at injury. He has and had great RBs that make his job easier. He lives in San Diego. He's come closer to a Superbowl than he did with the Titans, or the Titans have since he was a player here.

I agree with those that don't like him on this, he clearly didn't have the aspirations to work as a #1 QB in the NFL. But I still think he got a raw deal and it's the most questionable decision Fisher made, imo, to do what he did before the 2006 season.

Still, Volek has a sweet gig.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Pacman sucked?? :suspect:

How many of his Pick 6's were called back for stupid penalties?

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Pacman was SICK. anyone who says he sucked didn't watch the titans.

but to go against your post Pacman 4 HOF, How can you say we didn't take a risk on VY. He had miles of upside, but everyone questioned his throwing motion and if his speed would be effective in the NFL, as well as his intelligence, we took a major risk drafting him. It's teams that DON'T play the Risk V Reward game that are constantly dominant. New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, etc. All draft well, all have consistency inside the organization, thats why they have big lombardi trophies in the lobby of their facility.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

the VY pick was pretty much already made for us. i mean... we are taking either leinart, cutler, or VY. im not going to get into wether or not bud had the final word, cuz if thats the case, then the pick was made long before the draft.

the titans are always millions of dollars under the salary cap... never bring in anyone that can help win a superbowl... nate washington excluded. we draft scrubs in later rounds and try to make them work as opposed to signing people like randy moss. every year we "find our next D Mas".... still waiting.

cant really think now, brain is dead, but the titans are soft when it comes to making moves

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Volek was traded, he didn't chose where to go.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Volek probably should have stayed down. I imagine that first month could have gone differently if he were at the helm vice Collins. And if he played well, Vince might not have seen the field in 2006. And if Billy were traded at some point down the road, he would have had a much better chance at being the starter.

I saw him on TV the other night. He's grown more handsome in the San Diego weather, so he has that going for him.

Just goes to show. Know your role. Keep your mouth shut. Do your job. He waited all that time to only blow it in the end.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Volek + Hummer ... maybe

Volek + Chow = fail and he is gone before he gets a chance.

An undrafted QB that gets a chance to start needs to STFU and play where he can. He got dropped to a #3 and is now past his prime. He really had 2 great games. A blimp in NFL history.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The deal they gave him was simply outrageous. Tons of money... just to be a backup. I get that he took the money and made a good business move, but he killed his chances of starting in this league. Who knows... maybe in a couple of years he'll be starting somewhere. His age is already becoming a factor, as he is 33 years old.

I'd compare Billy to Matt Schaub... average NFL QB.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kerry Collins is no better than Billy Volek; Billy could of managed the game just as well as Kerry Collins. Imagine our team now add Billy Volek and A.J. Hawk, Ernie Sims, Devin Hester, or if the Texans took VY and the Titans got Mario Williams. Could you imagine Mario Williams, Haynesworth, and KVB all on the same DL last year... wow.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

AJ Hawk does suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar