How about this trade propsal regarding McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Apparently Lewis is again asking to be traded... I wonder if he wants to be in Nashville and hopes the Ravens really want McNair or if Reese has been talking to his agent, wanting him here.

We didn't sign any of the MLB's that were available, so you never know what the FO's thinking is...

2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

According to a Ravens source, Ray Lewis or a representative called team officials 20 minutes before Wednesday's news conference about the draft and asked to be traded.
    -- Baltimore Sun

Just let me fantasize.

3. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

McNair for J.P. Loserman?

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I very seriously doubt this is even a slight possiblity. The MLB isn't really on the field enough to warrant the kind of dinero Ray-Ray the Snitch :greedy: would command...:evil:

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

There is no possible chance that Mcnair could be traded. No team in their right mind would ever pay him $23mil next year which is what they would have to do they they take him in a trade. When you trade for a player you have to pay him what he's gauranteed.... Mcnair will be cut and then he'll negotiate a new contract with a new team. Unless he decides to take 5 or 6 million per yr with the Titans for two more years and I highly doubt that'll happen. See ya' Stevie.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

With Thornton and Bulluck you could argue we have enough speed at OLB, that we don't need to be in nickel so often...

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm no cap expert, but I'm sure it's only the $9mill that they have to pay. The other $13mill have already been paid and only exist on the Titans financial sheet for cap purposes.

8. needless37

needless37 Guest

I hope i never see ray in blue

9. maximus

maximus Starter

Nope

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I believe that's correct. He counts the 13 or so against our cap (which he has already pocketed) no matter what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar