Houston focusing on Mario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bharper2k, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bharper2k

bharper2k Camp Fodder

From profootballtalk.com

MARIO TO HOUSTON A "DONE DEAL"

A league source tells us that the Houston Texans have informed Joel Segal, the agent for Reggie Bush, that the team has a "done deal" with defensive end Mario Williams.

More details to come.

2. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

hmmm...Reggie a Titan?

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

If this pans out, the Saints are going to be flooded with trade offers.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Whoah, a legitimate story the night before the draft... that's crazy.

Now let's see what actually happens tomorrow, maybe they're just getting as caught up in all this as we are.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

PFT has already been burned once this week with a "done deal" story. But Len P. wouldnt be running with it if it didnt have legs.

This is certainly the most uncertain draft I can remember in a long time.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just heard Len P. on TitansRadio and he said it is all circumstantial at this point. According to him, the Texans have been negotiating with Williams people and haven't done anything with the Bush folks for a couple of days.

It may have legs but there is nothing saying that terms for a contract must be reached before a player is drafted. I think this is more smoke and mirrors to see if anyone is willing to come up for him or just to gain a little leverage before the draft.

But it leads to a natural question. Would Reese give up the second round pick and take ta lower-round Saint pick to move up one spot if Bush is there?

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think he should, but I dont see it happening for a couple of reasons. I think that they will get offered more from other teams, plus I feel that they are certain that they need a QB. I would love to have Bush on our team. It would be phenomonal!

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yes, but if they deal with another team (besides NYJ who probably can't afford to move up), they will miss out on Ferguson, widely regarded as the player they have targeted.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think SF may try to deal up for Bush. He said that was his team growing up, and I bet SF would try to give up the farm for him. They could give up their two ones, and this or next year's two.

This draft is officially going to be crazy now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar