Hope Harris gets the start this week....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think Kevin might as well sit, give Leroy Harris some reps. He looked good against massive Casey Hampton in the few reps he got yesterday. I think it's interesting Fish isn't sure where he'll play. Maybe they want to more film to look at guys for the future.

I doubt Mawae loses his job next year, but his contract is up after 09 and he'll be almost 40. Maybe they think Amano is better off at C, and/or that Harris needs some looks at G. I'm probably going to read into it too much, but I'll be very interested to see what happens to a few of these positions that may be up for grabs.

Also isn't it comforting that LT, RG, and RT should be set for many years? Some have been a little hard on Scott, but I think he's been very solid. Amano has been ok imo, but I think he'd have to fight hardest to keep his job. Anyway it's just some little things to keep an eye on for the future of the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

every time there's a screen to scott's side its his guy who makes the tackle at the line of scrimmage.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ya, Scott has been hit or miss. A few big plays I saw him miss a crucial block.....

4. I think it's almost a lock that Mawae either sits or starts and comes out much earlier than the rest of the starters. Either way, I think the coaches would like to see Harris play a real game (though whether this will be a real game is debatable) to see what he can do.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd think the coaches would want that too. They often say that what is most important when evaluating up and coming players is how they do on game day. In that case, he has to be given a chance.

As far as Scott, I've seen him miss key blocks too. Maybe his have been more noticable than others? Or he's more noticeable being the new guy and everyone is keying in on him more? I don't know. I rewatch every game and watch every lineman on both sides closely (yeah I'm a Titans dork) and Scott seems good to me. One of those where we could do a little better or a lot worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar