Higher expectation for QBs.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aday25, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I went into last season with the expectations Young would not see the field until the tail end of the season. I based that on a lot of top QB draft picks taken who was tossed into the fire with little talent around them. But Henry helped take off a lot of the pressure and Young responded with an incredible stretch of games.

When you earn the Rookie of the Year award, expectations will be high. He deserved those expectations, IMO.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

No, because I didn't nor do I expect much from VY.

He is who I thought he was...bad passer, mentally subpar

My hope is that he will reach mediocrity and won't get in the way of our Run the ball/ Stellar defense scheme...just hand the ball off and make easy passes

That is all

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I originally thought VY would never be decent as a QB. But after seeing Kerry Collins for 3 games, I wanted to see what Vince could do. Seeing how the team responded to him, I liked him being in the game. And he actually did fairly well and exceeded my expectations.
    But this year, I expected him to be better and he got worse. So my expectations were too high. His rookie year he played better than I'd hoped. And this year he's played about the way I originally expected him to.

5. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Thats kind of how i feel riht now...I think his performance last year gave Titans fans high expectations in general, probably higher then perhaps it should be and so far its been a disappointment...but 5-2 is certainly not a disappointent.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I expect a superbowl. I want my demands met this year.

7. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

Don't yall think you're giving up one him a lil soon?

He doesn't do much in the passing game as of right now and thats how Fisher wants it. All hes asked to do is mangen the offesen thats all.... I don't know if you all remember but McNair wasn't asked to do much when he first came in to Tennessee.... Vince will come around!!!! Remember the saints game he throw the ball pretty well in that game!! Didn't he??

One fact reminds the same when VY is in the game he always seems we win....

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I have to admit that prior to the season, my expectations for the entire team was for a 10-6 season, and maybe sneak into the playoffs. With that I expected VY to have a season that a spohmore QB would have, up one game down the next, hit two games in a row, down for three. Numbers wise I expected him to finish the season with at least 2500 yds passing/15-20 Tds passing & 11-15 picks. He is a off statistically right now, only b/c we expected to see him flying all around the field, tossing the ball out, and providing us with dramatic victories. Based on that, yes, he has been below everyones expectations, b/c he really seems to be hell bent on staying in the pocket and making reads, and running only if called for, but isn't that what we wanted??

Bottom line is, I'm taking him at his word, whether he puts up 2700 yds passing & 20TDs, or not. He said that they will be in the playoffs, and whatever the case, that's my expectation of him at this point, numbers aside. Anything less than that he is underperforming.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I expected Vince to have an off year, mostly because year two is rarely a good year for a playmaker rookie. You've still got the inexperience of a young player, but now defenses have had some time to figure you out.
    Granted, Vince's problems seem to be less about what the D's are doing, more that he's just playing below average, but I don't see this as being a serious thing. The Titans don't have to win because of Vince this year, they've proven they can win in spite of him. Last year it could be said he carried the team (emphasis = COULD be said), the Titans are now returning the favour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar