Here's a thought...(Britt)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytitansfan

tinytitansfan Starter

It's the Pro Bowl! There wasn't any gameplan to stop the best reciever in the game. Sure, Fitzgerald may beat Finny some, but when we play them we will have over the top help for Finny. Crazy not to.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's absolutely insane to criticize Finnegan for getting beat in the Pro Bowl. I shouldn't have to list the reasons why.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Then if he gets torched in much the same manner by Fitz when we play them this season, I can both be able to criticize Finny then along with the knowledge that you won't open your mouth about me criticizing him?
    Are you going to whine because I criticized him about getting burned by Ocho Cinco?

I love me some Finny but he will have all he can handle if not more with Fitz.
    If 85 can torch him, what do you think Fitz can/will do?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No one really tries in the pro-bowl. They just make an appearance. Like 5 people may have saw what Fitz did in the pro bowl. The rest of us had something better to do.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

kvb does

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

More people will see what he does to us when we play them if Finny isn't careful.
    What will your excuse be then if that happens?

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Dude, if Finny gets burned by Fitz in a regular season game that means something, then that will be your only point. You can't refer to the Pro Bowl as an actual example of 'Fitz beating Finny' - you can refer to it as having been something that happened, possibly an indication of a future match-up, and evidence that the height difference in particular is not in Finny's favour, but you cannot use it as an actual example of Fitz beating Finny. Comparing it to Finny getting burned by Ocho Cinco is ludicrous, because in the case of Finn/Ocho; that was an actual game. Those are the ones we care about.
    Because the Pro Bowl is exhibition, dude. It's less than exhibition; it's a vacation. It's like the dudes decided to chuck on some helmets and play some backyard ball.

Do you go around citing occurrences in the pre-season as signficant, too? Because if that's the case, then Lavelle Hawkins turned in a 70-yard, one TD game for us last year.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Blah blah blah. Whatever dude. Unfortunately a whiny 'mocking' voice doesn't translate over the internet so I'll have to resort to font.
    See if you can make your next response a few paragraphs longer. It's just a simple comparison. Might want to unbunch your panties there, sweetheart.
    :rolleyes:

9. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Just step up as Chris Johnson did i know that will be tough but i expect this kid to be great and get us to the next level...

-Payne2k

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Actually, the pro bowl is even LESS relevant than preseason games. In preseason, the contact rules are still the same, and the people on the field are actually trying to win jobs, so they're desperate to play their best. In the pro bowl, the rules are different, which helps the passing game and hurts defenders, and the players don't have much incentive.

You can't ignore an argument just because you don't like it. Also, it's pretty ineffective to say that an argument is too long. Sorry that it's hard to read that much, but some of the best posts are long ones. See: some of the debates between Gut and RT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar