Here's a thought...(Britt)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

lets go back a bit...well quite a bit. to around 2000ish.

this could be a really long post so ima try to keep it short...bullet style

- mason drafted 97 started i think 2000...or at least that was his break out yr

- rolle drafted in 98...started in '01.

-these guys practiced against each other i imagine quite a bit; probably from the time they were drafted till they left...

- Both were stars (neither got their due attention but thats another topic) ...they were good; no doubts there

- im sure by now u see whre this is going

pretty much....i'd put brit against finny from the get go. im one to believe practice is essential....

our lines are soo good b/c heck they face one of the best everyday in practice (if there was a rank for line play..titans might be #1; i say might be b/c as of now we lost big al...)

finny wont go soft on brit either...finny will play him hard especially b/c he's a towering reciever.......britt'll get shoved (literally) in learning how to play in the nfl...

playing agaisnt a CB w/ the caliber of finny might prepare brit to be an instant starter....i hope fish sees that

2. tinytitansfan

tinytitansfan Starter

Finny and Britt are going to have some battles if Britt is as fiesty as I think he is. Finny will definitely show him how physical game day will be. I think Fish will let them get into it quite a bit during practice.

3. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

im pretty sure samari rolle was a starter as a rookie

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rolle was the NB in his rookie year(98) and started in his 2nd(99) and made the pro bowl in his third(2000).

If you are going to make a point have some facts to start with.

Also mason was a 4th rd pick drafted primarily for return duty. Not going to get the same attention in practice that britt will get.

The titans play a 5 vs 5 drill that allows players to match up with many different people. I'm predicting britt will start on the left side for us so i assume in scrimmages he will see finny a lot and it will be a challenge no doubt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If Finny's not careful, he may get pwned by Britt, Larry Fitzgerald style ala the Pro Bowl. That wasn't pretty.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

theres alot of things wrong w/ that....pro bowl he cant be finny period. but yeah fitz is the man and he prob would do some damage on finny. not as much as he iddn in probowl..finny would be too physical for that

but all in all ....i hope that happens.

make me happy for two reasons:

1 - indicates a very good sign for brit...in the same sentence as fitz is more than enough for anyone

2 - would make finny better at handlin some taller reciveres which he's struggled with before. (think texans' johnson)

ideally it should be a mutual benefit relationship.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

My thoughts more or less paraphrase your post above. I see it as a win-win situation for both of them.
    -Finny will be practicing against what I would consider a Larry Fitzgeraldesque type WR
    -Britt will be practicing against one of the feistiest/srappiest and best press cover corners in the league

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

that was the pro bowl, a lot of players don't go out playing with all they got. we play the cards this season so we'll see how that matchup goes this time

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm going to use that one TD Fitz caught over Finny as the example.
    If Finny wasn't trying, then there better be a huge margin between his 'pro bowl' game and his real 'a' game, because Fitz was WAAAAAAY over him when he caught that ball.
    Now, if neither if them were trying and Fitz was still way over him like that, we got problems.
    So either Finny wasn't trying, or Fitz was.

I love me some Finny, but he can't let his guard down for one second. If you think Ocho torched him in that one home game in 2007, Fitz is going to make him look more silly if he isn't careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar