Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. MountainGirl

MountainGirl Special Teams Standout

I don't think that's the case with Zimmer. He has players who have played for him before and followed him to Cincy so they could play for him again. His players love him. He is known for his colorful language, but at the same time he cares for his players and he has gotten the absolute best out of them. He inherited a horrible defense in Cincinnati and look what he's done with it. I grew up in Cincy so have been a Bengals fan but now live in Tennessee and will root for the Titans if they pick up Zimmer. Let me tell you none of the Bengals fans want him to go. THey would rather fire Marvin and make Zimmer HC right now.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Starter

No doubt the rest of the team is improved with high draft picks and Carson Palmer, but while Palmer's 83 QB rating is not exactly top 10, what he was replacing had QB ratings of 65, 55 and 45. To put that in perspective, Blaine gabbert lost his starting job (as he should) with a QB rating of 77!!! So an 83 is a VAST improvement at the most important position on the field.

And it doesn't hurt that Arians is an offensive guru as well.
  3. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I'm definitely in the Zimmer corner. Even in Houston a few radio announcers who are former players wanted the Texans to hire him. The players love this guy. And I love his intensity...

If the Titans are looking to shake up things and get that hard nosed smack mouth "house of pain" culture back.... Zimmer is the coach we need.
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan Starter

5. Gut

Gut Starter

Lose a Pro Bowl QB and replace him with non-starters and you have a BIG problem. Add to that the emergence of the other teams...
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Barf o Rama Tip Jar Donor

No to Gruden.
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Gruden was being interviewed today, we all know that. No offense KY btw, thx for the pic.. Just wonder why the Bengals guy even thinks it's news haha
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Barf o Rama Tip Jar Donor

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Gruden wanted Dalton over Kaepernick...pass
  10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

Hire Mike Zimmer. That's the nastiness this team needs. I remember those Ravens/Titans games back in the day... those were BLOODBATHS! I loved it! We need that physical, tough mindset and it starts at the top.

Anyone heard when we'll be interviewing Zimmer?
    • High Five High Five x 4