Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 48 users.
  1. TitanBlazer The Thread Killer

Moolah:
    $192
    Usually teams have a good idea of what a coach is going to say before making a formal offer. Saves them the embarrassment of being turned down.

So if he indeed is being offered the job I bet they believe he is going to accept it.
  2. lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Moolah:
    $1,661
  3. TitanBlazer The Thread Killer

Moolah:
    $192
    I hope Horton doesn't find a HC job so him and Whisenhunt can be reunited in Tennessee.
  4. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    That's just the verbiage of the West Coast offense. Because it's so flexible, there is a lot of verbiage. I can see your point you don't want it to be 'too complicated' but they have a whole off-season to learn it and the only person who has to learn it all is the starting QB. But the flip side to learning something 'complicated' is that you are forced to pay attention to detail...which we have been missing. Then again, that's been an execution thing not a system thing.

And yes, I did watch the Hard Knocks thing which, unfortunately for Skelton showed he didn't quite have it down.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,752
    All of The Chargers glory came off of Dalton/Bernard miscues.
    Zimmer's side of the ball performed admirably.
    You can blame some of that on Gruden, none on Zimmer.

Zimmer is the guy.
    KyTitansFan high fives this.
  5. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,304
    Zimmer is my guy too. Unfortunately I have a feeling it's going to be Quinn or Roman.
    Creeping-Cruds high fives this.
  6. THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,091
    May I remind you guys that being a good coordinator doesn't always translate to being a good Head Coach. For all we know Gruden might be far more suited to the position than Zimmer.

I'd trust Ruston's judgement. He has drafted pretty well so far, (Locker looks good when healthy ,you can't blame him for the injuries) and has dealt with the Munchak situation in a decent manner.

If however Ruston decides to hire Caldwell, he can get lost.
  7. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,352
    I think Franklin is gone. His coaches started following a bunch of the PSU signees today on twitter. Don't see why they would waste their time following commitments to PSU if they didn't have a strong feeling that Franklin was going to take the job.
  8. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,419
    Both are better than Jay Gruden
  9. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,419
    None of us really know how these guys are as coaches. Head coaches especially, since none of them have been that. On the surface, I don't HATE Gruden but I don't love him either. I like Zimmer & Bevell better. I like Whisenhunt too. I don't know much about Quinn but he quietly seems a favorite.