Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer The Thread Killer

Usually teams have a good idea of what a coach is going to say before making a formal offer. Saves them the embarrassment of being turned down.

So if he indeed is being offered the job I bet they believe he is going to accept it.
  2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

3. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer The Thread Killer

I hope Horton doesn't find a HC job so him and Whisenhunt can be reunited in Tennessee.
  4. Gut

Gut Starter

That's just the verbiage of the West Coast offense. Because it's so flexible, there is a lot of verbiage. I can see your point you don't want it to be 'too complicated' but they have a whole off-season to learn it and the only person who has to learn it all is the starting QB. But the flip side to learning something 'complicated' is that you are forced to pay attention to detail...which we have been missing. Then again, that's been an execution thing not a system thing.

And yes, I did watch the Hard Knocks thing which, unfortunately for Skelton showed he didn't quite have it down.
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

All of The Chargers glory came off of Dalton/Bernard miscues.
    Zimmer's side of the ball performed admirably.
    You can blame some of that on Gruden, none on Zimmer.

Zimmer is the guy.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Zimmer is my guy too. Unfortunately I have a feeling it's going to be Quinn or Roman.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

May I remind you guys that being a good coordinator doesn't always translate to being a good Head Coach. For all we know Gruden might be far more suited to the position than Zimmer.

I'd trust Ruston's judgement. He has drafted pretty well so far, (Locker looks good when healthy ,you can't blame him for the injuries) and has dealt with the Munchak situation in a decent manner.

If however Ruston decides to hire Caldwell, he can get lost.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

I think Franklin is gone. His coaches started following a bunch of the PSU signees today on twitter. Don't see why they would waste their time following commitments to PSU if they didn't have a strong feeling that Franklin was going to take the job.
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Both are better than Jay Gruden
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

None of us really know how these guys are as coaches. Head coaches especially, since none of them have been that. On the surface, I don't HATE Gruden but I don't love him either. I like Zimmer & Bevell better. I like Whisenhunt too. I don't know much about Quinn but he quietly seems a favorite.